Green Room

“Slurpee Stampede” or “Sweeping Across”

posted at 5:04 pm on November 2, 2010 by

Buy a shirt and help send me to CPAC! Questions, comments requests can be sent to sarjex (at) gmail dot com

Buy t-shirts

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

*applause*

Apt and witty as always, Sarjex.

MadisonConservative on November 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I love it! I wish my car wasn’t in the shop, I’d have bought Slurpees for the kidlets and me tonight. : (

Anna on November 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Good one! I just had my first Slurpee today. Tasted like crap, but I mainly just wanted to walk around campus (USC) and let everyone see the cup.

joe_doufu on November 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Can someone sum up?
I’m not getting all the recent slurpee references.
I missed something:(

Rufuss_Va on November 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM

@Rufuss, it comes from Obama’s stump speech. He’s been traveling around the country and at every stop, he cites a ridiculous metaphor about Republicans driving the car into the ditch, Democrats rolling up their sleeves and getting the car out of the ditch while the Republicans refuse to help, just standing around sipping a Slurpee and watching, and now he says the Republicans think they’re going to get the keys back. It’s become a national joke partly because of how many times he’s repeated the story. He also sometimes makes a joke about how you need to put the car in “D” to move forward, not in “R”… which doesn’t make a lot of sense if you’re talking about backing the car out of a ditch.

Iowahawk did a hilarious take-down of the speech here:

Now, if only someone could explain the “pudding” reference that’s also popping up…

joe_doufu on November 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

The Obama Slurpee got the royal treatment from me. It’s been one of my favorite themes and nobody can top this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn0LFz_OoxE

I also have some funny Obama Slurpee pics on PhotoBucket: NoMoBama.

No Niks on November 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

OK, so have we officially swapped our beverage of choice from tea to Slurpee?

MJBrutus on November 2, 2010 at 6:57 PM

oe_doufu on November 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

And of course in his silly metaphor, the real meaning of D is DITCH and R is ROAD!

MJBrutus on November 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I’ve missed your work, Sarjex! :( Where have you been?

KinleyArdal on November 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Frozen cola foam
Climbs red straw, exudes sweetness
Like Schadenfreude

Rosmerta on November 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Frozen cola foam
Climbs red straw, exudes sweetness
Like Schadenfreude

Rosmerta on November 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Nice.

Shambhala on November 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Nice work, sarjex. I hope Obama has a good long brain freeze.

If he wants to dig out of this mess, he should support repeal of ObamaCare and work on a new bill in the open and fair bipartisan way that he promised. It was his arrogance and hiding the ball that stirred up a lot of the trouble for his party.

But I’ll believe it when I see it.

flataffect on November 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

joe_doufu on November 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

You need to watch more Glenn Beck…

Khun Joe on November 6, 2010 at 3:37 AM

I’m late to the party (having only recently joined HotAir), but I did want to commend Sarjex on his illustration. Huzzah!

Jeddite on November 15, 2010 at 6:30 PM