Green Room

Revenge

posted at 11:41 am on November 1, 2010 by

In the Spring of 2009 I received a message from an angry Obama supporter who was upset that I continued to blog against the Obama agenda:

Mr. Jacobson,

You wrote: “While the mainstream media and left-wing blogs constantly tell us that Republicans and conservatives are dead politically, I don’t think they actually believe what they are saying.”

Actually, some of us remember 1993-94. We assumed you were “dead” then too. We learned a lesson there. Respond. And respond quickly, no matter how absurd or seemingly petty the attacks from conservatives.

This time, Mr. Jacobson, we know you’re down and we’re going to keep you there. We intend to step on your throat.

That’s why you’re seeing this reaction. You can’t get away with your garbage any longer.

Get used to it.

I could identify the person (he owns a fairly major business and probably caters to a lot of us wingnuts) but it’s not (yet) necessary, because it was the message not the person which was important.

Tomorrow is my revenge, and if you are watching, I hope you enjoy it.  And given the weather predictions, it will be served cold.

Cross-posted with updates at Legal Insurrection Blog.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I remember the beginning of the Tea Party protests. A few of my liberal friends insisted that the election was over and that since the other side had lost, they needed to be quiet.

I somehow doubt that they will feel the same way after Tuesday…funny how that works.

Asher on November 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Gosh, where have I heard a simular term as ‘We intend to step on your throat’? Could it be bho used a term like this before? Tomorrow will make lots and lots of d’s unhappy with the way the voters are taking a ‘step’ to save our Republic.
L

letget on November 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I shall drink of their sweet tears and relish in their fear.

gryphon202 on November 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Professor, you should disclose this person’s identity so that we in the “unwashed masses” can avoid spending our hard-earned after tax dollars to support him. We need to cut off his financial circulation.

either orr on November 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Yes, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Sekhmet on November 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM

My best friend of 39 years put our friendship on deep-freeze a year ago, and we haven’t spoken since.

How?

He called me “and my ilk” racists because I lived in the South and opposed Obama’s policies.

He refused to hear any policy arguments whatsoever and maintained that I was upset because a black man had won the presidency.

This election is revenge for me because yes, his dyed-in-the-wool, robotic, Democrat vote will still cancel mine out as it has done, all these years.

It’s all of my fellow conservatives’ votes that will visit my revenge upon my former friend tomorrow!

I hope he reads the L.A. Times Wednesday and weeps.

Amazing how many close friendships Obama has busted up. I have heard of many.

cane_loader on November 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM

either orr on November 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM

He didn’t threaten anyone or write anything that crossed a line. And really, as a business owner, he’s already getting punished with Obama.

Esthier on November 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Really?

WitchDoctor on November 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM

To paraphrase a quote from “Tombstone”:

“Make no mistake. It’s not revenge we’re after….It’s a reckoning.”

TeresainFortWorth on November 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Tomorrow is my revenge, and if you are watching, I hope you enjoy it. And given the weather predictions, it will be served cold.

Oh, yeah!

Legal Insurrection just got himself a new fan.

thirteen28 on November 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Get used to it.

Isn’t It funny how when the Far-Left Oppressives win, it’s a major sea-change in the country, that the people have rejected Conservatism, and embraced the Left’s Oppressive agenda.

In short: I Won.

And when (and if) Conservatism wins tomorrow, it’ll only indicate that the people Suddenly want compromise and bipartisanship and to stop the bickering and… blah .. blah .. blah..

Sickening, isn’t it?

Chip on November 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

The best revenge is to live well

old proverb.

For conservatives, living well will be validated tomorrow at the polls.

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!

Ace ODale on November 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I have a sick feeling that the next couple elections will involve one side getting a fool’s-gold mine, everyone else getting the shaft, and the former group soon realizing they’re not really any better off.

Go ahead and have your nice cold dish of revenge…but first take a look around and see if you aren’t in Siberia.

Dark-Star on November 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM

cane_loader on November 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM

This has happened to me. My entire family are liberal/left. Peace requires that I say nothing. There is no other way. But, as you would expect, it just means less contact and less joy in those contacts.

My oldest friend is a fanatical liberal (he thinks the media is too conservative) and we have a strict code of silence over politics. It seems to work (though we see less of each other).

In general I have found that liberals presume that you are a liberal too and do not hesitate to speak their minds, yet seem shocked if you speak yours differently.

I have also found that my country matters more to me than certain relationships, and I am ready to give those up if necessary. These are the darkest times I have ever lived through (not economically — yet — but in terms of our freedoms). I really believe the Left is after our freedoms. They have a consuming need for conformity and control and profoundly resent liberty, which is unpredictable and which they cannot control. They despise the very idea of these mid-term elections and would shut them down if they could.

rrpjr on November 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Dark-Star on November 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Too many metaphors. I’m sure everyone realizes that the Republicans aren’t going to make dramatic improvements, especially overnight, but you’d have to be high to tell me honestly that you don’t believe this election is meaningful. Had Obama not had the majority he has, ObamaCare would never have made it. And the man wants to do far more than destroy our health care system.

If the Republicans do nothing more than block these idiotic bills, they will have drastically changed things for the better.

Esthier on November 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Esthier: Interestingly, with the culture we have, having a Democratic President and Republican Congress might be the best government we could have.

2 years of Democrat ‘rule’ has shown that they cannot be trusted with anything above a Sweet’n'Low packet.

6 years of Republican ‘rule’ has shown that while we can count on a few things, they tend not to listen to the ‘little people’.

2 years of a Republican President and a Democratic Congress has shown that, unless you have a strong-willed Republican, this is worse than R/R because the Republicans will work too much with Democrats.

(I’ll note, though, that IIRC Reagan did well with this.)

A Democrat President and a vigilant Republican Congress produces utter gridlock. Especially with the polarization between Democrats and Republicans that now obtains. And, as we conservatives know, the best government is a small government. And gridlock, historically, seems to work best for that.

Now, this doesn’t mean I’m not going to work for conservative principles 24/7/52. But when dealing with human nature, at least some pragmatism is in order.

Scott H on November 1, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I too have family issues re liberalism. My cousin called both my elderly aunt and my mother “bigots”, hurt their feelings deeply. His opinions mattered more than hurting two good ladies who love him. I doubt I’ll ever think of him the same way again. He’s not the only one…

And somehow the libs I meet usually seem in it for image, it’s all about them, they talk about compassion, etc., but look to see if you’re impressed.

jodetoad on November 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Scott H on November 1, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I kinda agree. I think I’d rather have a strong Republican president with a Democrat Congress, but I do think the parties balance each other out enough to be a decent check on our worst impulses.

Though I wouldn’t mind two solid years of a super majority with a Republican in the White House so that we can just repeal a bunch of junk that never should have made it into law.

Esthier on November 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Tea Party: All right, Libtards… you called down the thunder, well now you’ve got it! You see that?
[pulls open his coat, revealing a badge]
Tea Party: It says United States Patriot!
Libtards: [terrified, pleading] Wyatt, please, I…
Tea Party: [referring to Stilwell, laying dead] Take a good look at him, Libtards… ’cause that’s how you’re gonna end up!
[shoves Libtards down roughly with his boot]
Tea Party: The Communists are finished, you understand? I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin’ it!
[lets Libtards up to run for his life]
Tea Party: So run, you cur… RUN! Tell all the other curs the law’s comin’!
[shouts]
Tea Party: You tell ‘em I’M coming… and hell’s coming with me, you hear?…
[louder]
Tea Party: HELL’S COMING WITH ME!!

Dominion on November 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM