Green Room

Obama To Do Interview With Ryan Seacrest

posted at 4:34 pm on November 1, 2010 by

No, you have not accidentally linked to The Onion. The headline is true, and the information has got to be accurate. It comes, after all, from the Huffington Post.

On Election Day, no less, the president of the United States will be granting an interview with Ryan Seacrest, co-host of American Idol. Full disclosure dictates that I admit I had not clue #1 who Ryan Seacrest was. (My television viewing habits are limited to news shows, sports, cooking shows, and—my one current vice—Boardwalk Empire.)

How much more Barack Obama can debase the office to which he was elected is something that only he, his hair dresser, and (one guesses) Valerie Jarrett is privy to. He has appeared on late night “talk” TV, he has given his bracktelogical opinions on ESPN, and most recently he appeared on Comedy Central’s Daily Show, though that one doesn’t really count because Jon Stewart evidently held the president’s feet to the fire—sort of.

He has debased the office and diminished his own standing by bowing before the King of Saudi Arabia, and he has played golf 8 trillion times more than any previous president.

But American Idol? It is understandable that the administration wants to give the appearance of at least going through the motions of trying to mitigate the inevitable shellacking that awaits Democrats on Election Day and will do anything in its power to energize its beleaguered and fragmented base. But Ryan Seacrest?

The interview will take place on Seacrest’s radio show, On Air with Ryan Seacrest. On his Facebook fan page, Seacrest put out a solicitation for questions:

Do YOU have a question for President Obama? What issues concern you most? Let us know in the comments below and Ryan might ask it in the interview!

I am informed by reliable sources that questions posed for Seacrest’s consideration should be short, composed of little words, and of a level of difficulty not surpassed by questions on the show Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? I am assured by the same sources that Seacrest himself is not smarter than a fifth grader.

The White House has not released information on what the president will be doing after his interview. But perhaps at this point it’s best not to ask.

Read my column at Libertarian Examiner. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at [email protected] or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Why would you do that? Is this all that would have you?

tarpon on November 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Tarpon: You lost me.

Howard Portnoy on November 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Shortly after the interview, Rove will comment on how an Alaskan travelog hurts Palin’s gravitas.

DrAllecon on November 1, 2010 at 8:26 PM

It wasn’t that long ago that Jesse Jackson was in Mississippi harranguing the local city council, which town I forget, regarding a Bingo Parlor license, no doubt in an area where minority desire for a Bingo Parlor was being racially denied. I guess you take the jobs that are offered if you’re a has-been community organerizator.

So it is with BarryO, now relegated to radio-lite, having fallen from packed arenas to half-filled auditoriums, bussed-in rallies, and persona non gratis standing at Democratic Party candidate orations for votes.

But, he done it to hisself, so to speak. Let’s hear a big round of nanna nanna boo booes!

Robert17 on November 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Top Pick

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”