Green Room

2010 US Midterm Election Challenge; Update: Results

posted at 1:27 am on October 28, 2010 by

(If this doesn’t display immediately or is misformatted, press F5 or click here.)

Update: Pretty much complete results follow below. Click the link above if you’d still like to join the prediction fun; currently the survey-taker total is over 1100 readers.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

FYI, the tables and stuff don’t fit into the formatting. I’m really looking forward to what the statistics say, once you’ve got several responses.

joe_doufu on October 28, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Second comment: after coming back and commenting, I’m presented with the survey again, but no link to click through to the results.

joe_doufu on October 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM

joe_doufu on October 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Yeah, for whatever the reason Google Docs is being goofy, sometimes displaying and sometimes not. If nothing else, I’ll get the data out to everyone before the big day like I said; fortunately the info’s still making it to the spreadsheet.

Patrick Ishmael on October 28, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Took my stab at it.

rrpjr on October 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Patrick, it would sure be greatly appreciated if you could nab a snapshot daily and make it available, either as a downloadable spreadsheet or as a web page. I found it very interesting to see what the first 33 respondents had to say; but it will be much more interesting when there are 10 times that many.

RegularJoe on October 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM

RegularJoe on October 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM

That’s a really good idea. Might do that, but I’d be concerned that seeing the outcomes before voting might affect what people predict. We’ll see what sort of response we get in these first few hours, and if the volume’s high enough to demonstrate some sort of consensus before taking it public, I’ll do some intervening updates.

Patrick Ishmael on October 28, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I agree that seeing the results could skew the poll; on the other hand, some people JUST want to see the results (and don’t want to vote) — you don’t want them to skew the results by putting in random answers, just to get the results, either (as I’ll confess I’ve occasionally done when I was in that situation).

We’re conservatives. We’re supposed to trust our fellow citizens. I’d suggest just putting up an urgent plea to people that, if they’re going to vote, they vote before looking at the results.

But of course it’s entirely up to you. I appreciate that you’ve done this at all, so I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m being either whiny or demanding — and if it does, please accept my apology.

RegularJoe on October 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM

RegularJoe on October 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Ha, not whiny at all, just interested. I’m the same way. I’ll figure something out to make the poll results available online; you’re also welcome to email me and I can send you an update directly. That option’s open to everyone, by the way.

Patrick Ishmael on October 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM

If you’ve voted but are having trouble finding the results, click here. The page automatically updates as new votes are cast. Please do not resubmit ballots.

I’m looking at you, ACORN.

Patrick Ishmael on October 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM