Thank you, Obamacare: Our premiums are going up 45%
posted at 8:18 pm on October 20, 2010 by Pundette
Just got this note from my husband:
Our health (bi-weekly) insurance premiums are rising from $110 to $160. That’s a 45% increase. To be fair, to balance that out, the benefits are decreasing (higher co-pays, etc.).
That Obamacare is pretty awesome, isn’t it? How irrational of us not to be grateful to Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and company for shoving this down our unwilling throats. I guess we’re just not thinking clearly.
Leave a comment if you’ve gotten news similar to ours. Or worse, like JACG, whose policy is now illegal:
You are actually lucky compared to me. I can no longer purchase my policy, as it is not “obamacare approved”. I officially got the letter on Monday, but knew already that my insurance company will no longer carry my policy because the new mandates have made it too expensive. I asked if they thought anyone else would sell me the same policy and they told me that they are now illegal and I wouldn’t be able to get that policy again. They gave me three options, the least expensive of the three almost doubles my costs. It will go up about 85%. To make matters worse, I am losing all the money that is left over in my HSA, unless I use it up by the end of the year. Something that won’t happen unless there is a medical emergency that is major.
Obama lied, her coverage died.
Cross-posted at P&P.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation