Green Room

I’m not a witch, I just play one on Saturday Night Live.

posted at 7:40 am on October 10, 2010 by

Of course.

Not the funniest skit ever (this is SNL), though certainly predictable.  Serious question: When are our candidates going to anticipate media reaction and start humorously preempting them? If she’s decided to come out of the gate in full denial of the most frivolous charge against her, she might as well have fun with it.  Get festive!  Witch’s hat, action figure, something.  Oh well.  At least she’s done handing the left any more material to discredit her.  Or…not.

But let not your hearts be troubled, friends.  SNL did make a sincere attempt at impartiality by relegating Gloria Allred to her own “special level of hell“:

Great job in keeping with a cohesive supernatural theme, I’ll give them that.  So, who’s ready for Halloween? Shudder.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Does no one believe that Brown had a hand in the mess? I know he’s denied it, but don’t believe him for a minute. he’s too much of a bombast and huge ego not to have been. As for SNL, maybe it’s a generational thing, but I do not enjoy their brand of ‘humor’.

jeanie on October 10, 2010 at 9:21 AM

…the difference of course being that O’Donnell is running for office, while Allred is only running her mouth, and the skit made no mention of her support of the Brown campaign. Gloria’s always in things mainly for Gloria, of course, but watching the skit you’d think she was simply a publicity-seeking nut, and not a publicity-seeking nut who co-ordinated this with Jerry’s campaign.

jon1979 on October 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Does no one believe that Brown had a hand in the mess?
jeanie on October 10, 2010 at 9:21 AM

jon1979 on October 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM

C’mon guys, you know SNL can only attack lefties from (at least) 3 degrees of separation. ;)

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Be that as it may, “introsepction” doesn’t come close to describing what conservatives are doing to each other this election cycle.

gryphon202 on October 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM

gryphon202 on October 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Not sure what “introsepction” is or how it pertains to what I said.

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM

This column is about as moronic as the SNL sketches themselves.

Total waste of bandwith.

uknowmorethanme on October 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I’m so happy Cheri Oteri has returned to the cast of SNL. I miss Colleen the overdrugged lady sooo much!

Lothar on October 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM

gryphon202 on October 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM

True. And it won’t come close to describing what I intend to do to some “conservatives” after the election. Payback is hell.

Blake on October 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM

This column is about as moronic as the SNL sketches themselves.

Total waste of bandwith.

uknowmorethanme on October 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I…wow.

OK. My brain has been pretty fried lately so I wanted to post something (admittedly) silly. I don’t really know what to say. Perhaps talk to Ed or AP.

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Well, I liked the post. Besides, the skit was so over the top that I didn’t really look at it as damaging at all. In fact, it was so over the top that it seems to equally poke fun at those who’d make an issue over the “witch” thing.

Weight of Glory on October 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Had SNL stuck with mocking OD by making the skit look just like her ad all the way through, with only the dialogue containing the barbs, I think it would’ve stung a bit more. But with the newt thing, then the visual pull back, skeleton at the piano, ghosts flying by, and finally the “coven” accreditation at the end, it was more of a fun skit and not too harsh.

Weight of Glory on October 10, 2010 at 11:55 AM

The skit highlighted the patheticness of the original O’Donnell ad.

Narutoboy on October 10, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Beyond advertising for SNL what is the point of this?

sharrukin on October 10, 2010 at 12:18 PM

This show stopped being funny about 15 years ago. It was never relevant in any serious political sense except to highlight the unidimensionality of the liberal mind.

Howard Portnoy on October 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM

This column is about as moronic as the SNL sketches themselves.

Total waste of bandwith.

uknowmorethanme on October 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

What were you expecting? It’s SNL! I think the whole point of the post was to link to SNL’s skit, and there’s not much more to say after that.

Now if the question is, “why even bother linking to SNL,” then I’d say you’ve got a good point. But I hear some people actually like their stuff.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 10, 2010 at 12:24 PM

The problem is that SNL’s options are limited, you know: the stuff the Dems do, such as objectively destroying the credibility of the DOJ, just can’t be made funny, no matter how hard you try. And you certainly can’t make fun of just any religion, IYKWIMAITYD.

drunyan8315 on October 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM

She is getting so much publicity that her debate(s) with Coons will probably have a national audience.

Seth Halpern on October 10, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I thought the spoof on O’Donnel was pretty good.

“The human Senate”…c’mon…that’s funny.

SouthernGent on October 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Weight of Glory on October 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM

The witch thing is such a lame talking point. I think the real humor would be found in the desperation involved in making a big deal of the witch thing.

Now if SNL had started the skit with some hyperpartisan Democrat operative screaming, “She’s a witch!!!” a few times, you might have had something. But SNL would never do that. In their circles, no decent person risks criticizing Democrats.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 10, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Honestly, people. It’s out there, it’s related to a prominent candidate and a lefty media figure/attorney, plus it’s light-hearted. I wrote it early this morning before the kids woke up and was intending it to be nothing more than a silly post, certainly not to make any philosophical/political statements.

If your time was wasted, my apologies. A shame you wasted even more time commenting. ;)

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Credit where due, though. The Gloria Allred skit was ecellent. Probably one of the best things I’ve seen from SNL in a while.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM

This column is about as moronic as the SNL sketches themselves.

Total waste of bandwith.

uknowmorethanme on October 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

If the column is a total waste of bandwith, than a post declaring it so isn’t even worth a pixel or two.

DrAllecon on October 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM

This columncomment is about as moronic as the SNL sketches themselves.

Total waste of bandwith.

uknowmorethanme on October 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

That’s awesome, dips**t. Allah regularly does posts on the weekend where he covers the SNL skits that are politically related, but I guess your balls were too far shoved up inside your body for you to make this comment on every one of them. Thanks for playing!

On topic: meh. SNL continues to underwhelm. I might order one of those witch dolls, though. Don’t ask why.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Blake on October 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Oh, I’d just love for you to clarify this statement, big man.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Probably one of the best things I’ve seen from SNL in a while.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM

How could you forget Obama “doing sex” to President Hu Jintao? Still my favorite.

Bee on October 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM

It’s not like a slow news day. There is plenty going on besides SNL. Is there a valid point here?

lexhamfox on October 10, 2010 at 1:28 PM

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM

While I despise people like Gloria Allred, I found the skit distasteful. Calling her “ugly” was not necessary.

I guess I am seeing more and more misogyny from the left (and from the right) under the guise of humor.

Whore, nutty, stupid, ugly… This stuff is really starting to bug me. She’s done enough wacky things that they do not need to gratuitously attack her looks.

Yes, I’ve lost a bit of my sense of humor… I don’t like seeing men protrayed as the dopey, clueless fathers either. I hope to get some of my sense of humor back on November 3rd.

Fallon on October 10, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I’d love to see a spot that starts out with a guy going, “she’s a witch, she’s a witch”, then pulls back and has O’Donnell walk into the camera frame, while the “she’s a witch” guy cowers away.

She then says, “I’m not a witch, I’m just like you and your neighbors….and, if elected, I will faithfully represent the interests of all the citizens of Delaware….” Nodding back over her shoulder at the “witch” guy: “….even the raving nutjobs.”

cthulhu on October 10, 2010 at 2:02 PM

cthulhu on October 10, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Cheesy and no would buy it anyways.

Narutoboy on October 10, 2010 at 2:04 PM

cthulhu on October 10, 2010 at 2:02 PM

…at which point said guy holds up a mirror? I like it.

Dark-Star on October 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM

DrAllecon on October 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Oh snap. +1

RachDubya on October 10, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Chistine should hire SNL writers to do all her ads.That one would convince me she the better candidate…Oops,that wasn’t an ad, was it?

DDT on October 10, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Why oh why oh why, has no one, particularly O’Donnell herself, done a spoof of the Monty Python Holy Grail scene?

“How do you know she is a witch?”.

“She turned me into a Newt!”. (Possibly even using a Newt
Gingrich look/sound alike.)

long pause“I got better.”.

Cut to purple shirted union thugs screaming, “Burn the witch! Burn the witch!”.

ral514 on October 10, 2010 at 2:52 PM

The Allred vid was not a waste of bandwidth… I found it pretty amusing actually.

painfulTruthDisciple on October 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM

The CD ad was actually pretty funny. Get the stick out of your butt.

Rainsford on October 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM

jeanie on October 10, 2010 at 9:21 AM

SNL hasn’t been funny for a looong time, but they do swerve into comedy, now and then. I liked both of these skits, but understand nerves rubbed raw by liberal destroyers.

The late Phil Hartman was one bright light in the fetid Clinton era; his Clinton persona was a smarmy used car salesman with a sparkle in his eye. Admittedly, it was more Phil than Bill, but he always made me laugh.

Feedie on October 10, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Much to her credit, O’Donnell found it funny.

This column is about as moronic as the SNL sketches themselves.

Total waste of bandwith.

uknowmorethanme on October 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Wipe your eyes, take your tear-stained keyboard and go elsewhere for your free entertainment.

Heralder on October 11, 2010 at 10:49 AM