Green Room

Revealed: The Obama Donor List

posted at 12:55 pm on July 23, 2010 by

Cross-posted from my new site Emerging Corruption.com

For a number of years traditional print media has been on life support, but after the revelations from  Tucker Carlson’s The Daily Caller, it looks like someone finally pulled the plug. The expose on Journolist, a now defunct, listserv that included hundreds of liberal journalists, detailed:

• the Journolisters’ attempt, during the 2008 presidential campaign to kill and bury stories about Obama’s relationship with “Reverend” Jeremiah Wright;
  • their push to deliberately smear innocent conservative journalists and politicos as “racists” and “bigots”
  • their twisted passion to see Rush Limbaugh killed off and dead;
  • their intolerant desire to have the government censor and shut down Fox News; and
  • their baldly partisan effort to coordinate liberal talking points that would discredit Sarah Palin and John McCain, while helping to elect Barack Obama president.

Considering that Journolist included journalists from Washington Post, the New York Times, National Public Radio, New Republic, and Time, one has to wonder if the biggest story covered up in 2008 was the illegal coordination between ACORN and the Obama campaign.

Below is a screen shot from the newly released Obama 2nd quarter 2007 donor list. ACORN obtained this donor list from the Obama Campaign in 2007 to target maxed out presidential donors.

OBAMA DONOR FILE SCREEN SHOT

VIEW THE FULL OBAMA DONOR FILES

Revealed: Obama Donor File Part 1

As a confidential source for the New York Times, I turned this document over to reporter Stephanie Strom months before the 2008 presidential elections and though the list includes information more complete than what the Obama campaign turned over to the Federal Election Commission, the NYT decided to bury the story.

Strom and I used pseudonymous e-mail addresses while communicating and in 2008, Strom wrote:

“I’m calling a halt to my efforts. I just had two unpleasant calls with the Obama campaign, wherein the spokesman was screaming and yelling and cursing me, calling me a rightwing nut and a conspiracy theorist and everything else…”

After this weeks revelations about the efforts of the liberal media to cover-up or spike stories damaging to Obama, Strom’s next words are even more telling:

“What’s happened is that the campaign has answered some of my questions on the record — but when I sought on-the-record answers to my questions about the meeting and about the list, the campaign insisted on speaking only on background. When I asked why, I got the barrage I described earlier. Clearly, I’ve hit a nerve with what you’ve told me. The campaign knows that having the allegations of meeting attributed to ‘former employees’ — and there are more than one of you talking — and having an anonymous denial of the meeting makes it harder for me to get it into the paper.”

In 2008 the liberal media provided the cover needed for Obama to get elected, but two years later, questions remain about his relationship with ACORN and it has been clear that Obama has lied repeatedly to the American people. Its time to get Obama and ACORN on the record about what really happened with the donor lists in 2007 and 2008.

The release of the Obama donor list to the public will be followed by a formal complaint to the FEC, which both Obama and ACORN will have to respond to – on-the-record.

In 2009, the Democrat controlled Judiciary Committee heard testimony from attorney Heather Heidelbaugh, who read my 2008 testimony against ACORN into Congressional record. Evidence, and sworn testimony were among the facts ignored by the members of the committee:

“Based on the testimony, Project Vote, ACORN and other ACORN affiliated entities illegally coordinated activities with the Obama presidential campaign, converting the expenditures by Project Vote, ACORN and ACORN affiliated entities to illegal, excessive corporate contributions to the Obama presidential campaign, in violation of federal law.”

“Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty—power is ever stealing from the many to the few…. The hand entrusted with power becomes … the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening into a despot: only by unintermitted Agitation can a people be kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be smothered in material prosperity. – Wendell Phillips, speech in Boston, Massachusetts, January 28, 1852.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Thank you. Very interesting information. Sure would be nice if we all followed the rules of the game. I’ll do my part to spread the sunshine on the emerging dark chapter in our nations history.

I like your graphic and quote a lot.

NaCly dog on July 23, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Thank you for all you’re doing on this. I certainly hope it goes somewhere….because I’m sick of all the corruption in D.C. It needs to end, and end NOW!!!

capejasmine on July 23, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Anita, you are a jewel! Thank you so much for all the work you are doing going after acorn and this bho. I sure hope this gets legs so we can get to the bottom of this. First vp biden has problems and I hope this bho does with his campaign funds.
L

letget on July 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Anita, I hope you are not so naive as to believe that the FEC will do squat about this.

Barack Obama deliberately disabled donor and credit card verification on his campaign website. Multiple people were able to donate money as Donald Duck, Tyown Shoelace, etc. By most estimates, this accounted for up to 35 MILLION dollars in fraud. Hamas ran a donation phone bank for Obama’s campaign. Complaints were filed with the FEC even before the election, which should have resulted in his immediate disqualification as a candidate. The FEC did NOTHING until after the election, and then declined to pursue it because the election was over.

SDN on July 23, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Fascist thugs. Or thuggish fascists?

Pure evil.

rbj on July 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM

no.Vem.BER…no.Vem.BER!!!!!!

mgman on July 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM

excellent…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Watch your back, please. These people play for keeps, and we need you.

Thank you.

hillbillyjim on July 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM

But what they planning for 2010 and 2012 is what concerns me!

SOMEHOW, this has to be stopped!

But can it?

golfmann on July 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM

No. But we put it before them with lots of publicity. Then watch them avoid dealing with it, and give lots of publicity to that. The NBBP/DOJ method.

YehuditTX on July 23, 2010 at 7:42 PM

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Ed Morrissey on July 24, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Top Pick

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM
Top Pick

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.