Green Room

“About all those lies I told about the Palins…” says Levi Johnston

posted at 7:51 pm on July 6, 2010 by

Notorious, fame-stalking baby-daddy Levi Johnston has revealed to People Magazine that he lied about the Palin family:

“Last year, after Bristol and I broke up, I was unhappy and a little angry. Unfortunately, against my better judgment, I publicly said things about the Palins that were not completely true,” he tells PEOPLE exclusively. “I have already privately apologized to Todd and Sarah. Since my statements were public, I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologize.”

I’m shocked, Levi.  You mean all that time you were pretending to be naked in Playgirl, whoring around with Z-listers like Kathy Griffin, soaking in the attention from Palin-hating liberal Hollywood, you were just trying to cash in on your 15 minutes by shaming the mother of your child?  I’m so disillusioned.  If I can’t trust you, who can I trust?

Bristol released her own statement:

“Part of co-parenting is creating healthy and honest relationships between the parents. Tripp one day needs to know the truth and needs to know that even if a mistake is made the honorable thing to do is to own up to it.”

In all seriousness, I suspect he’s sincere.  He knows the hatred the Left holds for the Palins and sacrificing his tenuously favorable standing in the media for a toilet-bowl scum reputation (which the Palin family enjoys) must mean somethingRight?

Let’s hope for the best, if anything for that precious little one.

__

Addendum: Totally didn’t see this.  Apologies!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

OK, he’s got confession — good for the soul and all that.

Now let’s see how he does at penance/atonement.

cthulhu on July 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Let’s hope he’s not still following the money, you know?

Bee on July 6, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Remember who was paying this guy?

Roll Industries. Roll Nuts, POM, Sunkist, etc.

Mrs. Roll Industries daughter’s godmother is, wait for it, Zsa Zsa Huffington!

BTW, how many knew that Rahm Emanuel’s brother Ari is Kathy Griffin’s agent?

What a tangled web we weave.

gary4205 on July 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Addendum: Totally didn’t see this. Apologies!

Actually, the headlines provides fodder for all of you talented writers and guest bloggers! Glad you jumped on this one, too, as I can’t think of scummier scum than people like Levi Johnston.

And I suspect that he’s had an about face because even Hollywood will only tolerate just so much sewer scum, and will begin to blacklist those who try to make a living off of other people’s skeletons. Especially people who make things up that can’t be verified. Intentionally trying to destroy others with lies and half-baked stories doesn’t sit well, even with that crowd.

And I remember reading a few months ago where Levi went to one of the more notable Hollywood gatherings, and was all but completely ignored by everyone there. Think he got the message after a couple more like that, probably, resulting in a rude awakening when doors were slammed in his face. (Note: Yes, I worked in the TV Entertainment related industry late in my business admin career. For a company that won an Emmy. So I became well familiar with those shark-infested waters. 😉 )

KendraWilder on July 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM

KendraWilder on July 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Thanks! 🙂

About Levi: Totally agree.

I’m a bit biased. I was a single mom, so, I’m defensive over Bristol/Tripp. While I’m a firm believer in redemption, his actions went above and beyond normal deadbeat dad-ery. He didn’t just ride off on a snowmobile into the sunset, he sold them out, literally. We’ll see how this goes, but, look who is making all the money now? Bristol and mama Palin.

I’m wary but hoping for the best for this family. Time will tell.

Bee on July 7, 2010 at 8:18 AM

He’s young. I suspect the Left wore him down/seduced him to the dark side. He’s apologized in private & in public, I am willing to give him a chance to show that he’s redeemed himself.

rbj on July 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Levi’s shirt: I tried the skank for money thingy and all I got is a stupid child-support bill.

Wrong family name and didn’t go to Harvard. Sorry, dude.

Feedie on July 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM

The two losers Andrew Sullivan and Chuck Johnson both claim that the Palin’s bought him off! Yeah right that is a logical explanation.

Hilts on July 7, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Hahaha. That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. Somebody’s off their Thorazine. Multiple somebodys.

Feedie on July 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Top Pick

Hmmm.

Top Pick

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”