Green Room

Turk American killed aboard the Gaza flotilla

posted at 4:15 pm on June 3, 2010 by

The media has found something else to demonize Israel about over the Gaza flotilla incident. A 19-year old “American” was killed in the confrontation from multiple gunshot wounds.

A U.S. citizen who lived in Turkey is among the nine people killed when Israeli commandos stormed a Turkish aid ship heading for the Gaza Strip, officials said today. The victim was identified as Furkan Dogan, 19, a Turkish-American. A forensic report said he was shot at close range, with four bullets in his head and one in his chest, according to the Anatolian news agency.

Of course, he was just an innocent high school student wanting to bring aid to Gaza, right? Uh, no. At best, he is a terrorist sympathizer. He was in the company of 40 Al Qaeda terrorists. What more do you need to know? Any American involved with Al Qaeda is a traitor in my book. He got himself into his own mess. They were apparently hoping for martyrdom and pre-planned the violent altercation, so it isn’t exactly like this was just some innocent peace activist kid wearing burkenstocks and waving a peace sign.

Me frankly, I agree with Confederate Yankee. He was born to Turkish parents here and then left at the age of two. He allegedly never returned. This kid is an American on accident, someone who is technically a citizen but is not a legitimate part of our country. The media knows this, but now they have a brand new angle to spin. Not only did Israel murder innocent peace activists, but they murdered an American, too. To which I call BS.

American or not, if you pal around with terrorists, then you deserve to die like one. And this kid did. Bravo! I hope he’s enjoying his 72 virgins.

—–

Follow Cassy on Twitter and read more of her work at CassyFiano.com and Hard Corps Wife.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I can’t wait to discover how CK MacLeod incorporates this into his next insufferable exercise in preening moral equivalence.

OhioCoastie on June 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM

72 virgins? I thought with all the government programs he qualifies for as a minority American semi-immigrant that he’d qualify for something like double that number and get tax write-offs to boot. Plus an extended stay of eternity squared.

Robert17 on June 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Who issued the forensic report and how do we know it is accurate” Could this be another Al Dura hoax? I wonder who actually shot him and what he was doing at the time. Four bullets in the head and one in the chast seems like a lot when one to the head would have been sufficient.

sabbahillel on June 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM

So this lowlife is just like Awlaki and Gadahan
except he got killed

macncheez on June 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

If you don’t want to be shot in the chest, don’t join Isalmist guerrillas on ferry boats and then start attacking Israeli commandos with knives, metal pipes, and homemade projectiles.

Words to live by.

J.E. Dyer on June 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I hope his virgins all look like Helen Thomas. Another home grown terrorist ites the dust.

clnurnberg on June 3, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Words to live by.

J.E. Dyer on June 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hallmark should put this on a card. Because really, don’t f*ck with Israel. They don’t like it.

mjk on June 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Are we sure he’s American, I just read he was travelling with a turkish passport…oh heck, Obama had an Indonesian one

clnurnberg on June 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I will not be able to attend the funeral but will try to remember to send a nice card saying that I approve.

Tav on June 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Words to live by.

J.E. Dyer on June 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

And I do, I have that exact phrase knitted onto a sign that hangs above my door. Hasn’t done me wrong yet.

Heralder on June 3, 2010 at 10:54 PM

He’s any kind of American that I’d mourn over.

RBMN on June 4, 2010 at 12:32 AM

He’s any kind of American that I’d mourn over.

RBMN on June 4, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Make that: He’s NOT any kind of American that I’d mourn over.

My mind is a lot faster than my fingers, which means my fingers are pretty damn slow.

RBMN on June 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM

His father said he was proud his son was a martyr. He also said he hopes he can live up to the honor his son brought to him.
Interview from Al Jazeera.

elclynn on June 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM