Green Room

Turk American killed aboard the Gaza flotilla

posted at 4:15 pm on June 3, 2010 by

The media has found something else to demonize Israel about over the Gaza flotilla incident. A 19-year old “American” was killed in the confrontation from multiple gunshot wounds.

A U.S. citizen who lived in Turkey is among the nine people killed when Israeli commandos stormed a Turkish aid ship heading for the Gaza Strip, officials said today. The victim was identified as Furkan Dogan, 19, a Turkish-American. A forensic report said he was shot at close range, with four bullets in his head and one in his chest, according to the Anatolian news agency.

Of course, he was just an innocent high school student wanting to bring aid to Gaza, right? Uh, no. At best, he is a terrorist sympathizer. He was in the company of 40 Al Qaeda terrorists. What more do you need to know? Any American involved with Al Qaeda is a traitor in my book. He got himself into his own mess. They were apparently hoping for martyrdom and pre-planned the violent altercation, so it isn’t exactly like this was just some innocent peace activist kid wearing burkenstocks and waving a peace sign.

Me frankly, I agree with Confederate Yankee. He was born to Turkish parents here and then left at the age of two. He allegedly never returned. This kid is an American on accident, someone who is technically a citizen but is not a legitimate part of our country. The media knows this, but now they have a brand new angle to spin. Not only did Israel murder innocent peace activists, but they murdered an American, too. To which I call BS.

American or not, if you pal around with terrorists, then you deserve to die like one. And this kid did. Bravo! I hope he’s enjoying his 72 virgins.

—–

Follow Cassy on Twitter and read more of her work at CassyFiano.com and Hard Corps Wife.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I can’t wait to discover how CK MacLeod incorporates this into his next insufferable exercise in preening moral equivalence.

OhioCoastie on June 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM

72 virgins? I thought with all the government programs he qualifies for as a minority American semi-immigrant that he’d qualify for something like double that number and get tax write-offs to boot. Plus an extended stay of eternity squared.

Robert17 on June 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Who issued the forensic report and how do we know it is accurate” Could this be another Al Dura hoax? I wonder who actually shot him and what he was doing at the time. Four bullets in the head and one in the chast seems like a lot when one to the head would have been sufficient.

sabbahillel on June 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM

So this lowlife is just like Awlaki and Gadahan
except he got killed

macncheez on June 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

If you don’t want to be shot in the chest, don’t join Isalmist guerrillas on ferry boats and then start attacking Israeli commandos with knives, metal pipes, and homemade projectiles.

Words to live by.

J.E. Dyer on June 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I hope his virgins all look like Helen Thomas. Another home grown terrorist ites the dust.

clnurnberg on June 3, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Words to live by.

J.E. Dyer on June 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hallmark should put this on a card. Because really, don’t f*ck with Israel. They don’t like it.

mjk on June 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Are we sure he’s American, I just read he was travelling with a turkish passport…oh heck, Obama had an Indonesian one

clnurnberg on June 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I will not be able to attend the funeral but will try to remember to send a nice card saying that I approve.

Tav on June 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Words to live by.

J.E. Dyer on June 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

And I do, I have that exact phrase knitted onto a sign that hangs above my door. Hasn’t done me wrong yet.

Heralder on June 3, 2010 at 10:54 PM

He’s any kind of American that I’d mourn over.

RBMN on June 4, 2010 at 12:32 AM

He’s any kind of American that I’d mourn over.

RBMN on June 4, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Make that: He’s NOT any kind of American that I’d mourn over.

My mind is a lot faster than my fingers, which means my fingers are pretty damn slow.

RBMN on June 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM

His father said he was proud his son was a martyr. He also said he hopes he can live up to the honor his son brought to him.
Interview from Al Jazeera.

elclynn on June 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM
Top Pick

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Top Pick

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”