Green Room

Proud to bleed us dry

posted at 6:11 pm on April 12, 2010 by

Support for the repeal of Obamacare is now at 58%, with 50% strongly favoring repeal. That’s formidable opposition, and you might think it would dampen the (current) majority’s statist ambitions, at least a little. But the Obami go blithely about their business, pretending they’ve given us a great gift and looking around for new ways to expand government and diminish individual liberties and opportunities. Among them:

Moonbattery: First ObamaCare, next ObamaFood

NY Dingbat Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is way ahead of you.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand proposed $1 billion in loans and grants Monday to help build 2,100 grocery stores in areas around the nation that lack access to fresh food.

Under her proposal, the Government would borrow and spend a billion dollars to build supermarkets in places liberal social policies have driven them out of (like Detroit) and in places liberal policies won’t let Wal-Mart build stores to provide choice, affordable food

So the money — money we don’t have — will be wasted. Congress couldn’t care less about that. Our “representatives” aren’t burdened by a sense of stewardship of our hard-earned dollars, or the hard-earned dollars of the next couple of generations (if indeed those generations will be able to find jobs, and retain the will to work). It might as well be Monopoly money to Congress.

More destructive statism, via Neo-neocon: Next on Obama’s hit list: small contractors

To be in compliance by April 22 would mean that every contractor contemplating a job that would disturb more than six square feet of a home’s area (and this includes not just carpentry but plumbing, window installation, and heating and AC installation) would need to have completed a one-day course in the matter, necessitating taking a day off and spending about two hundred dollars. But since there are nowhere near enough certified teachers, therefore the vast majority of America’s contractors could not possibly comply by April 22 even if they wanted to.

That’s just part of the harm that will be done to businesses and consumers by the impending regs. Read on.

The prospect of bleeding America dry doesn’t faze them in the least. Sen. Charles Schumer professed pride when confronted by a constituent distraught over the generational theft committed by him and “his team.” She told her story to Rush:

CALLER: . . . And I asked him how it felt to be on a team that caused my husband, my children and my grandchildren to be indebted to such an extent that we’ll never see our way out of it.

RUSH: And what did Chuck-U Schumer retort?

CALLER: He said he didn’t know what I meant, and if I was thinking a little quicker on my feet I would have also said, “Therein lies the problem, senator,” but I looked at him like he had three heads and I said, “What do you mean you don’t know what I mean? I said that your team has incurred such debt on the backs of my grandchildren. I have four grandchildren.” And he said to me, “Well, I have children, too.” And then he looked at me and you know what he said to me, you ready?

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: “We’re going to bring down the debt.”

Let us pause to celebrate Senator Schumer’s audacious sense of humor.

In related news, no one who’s been paying attention could possibly be surprised by this headline — Healthcare law to sock middle class with a $3.9 billion tax increase in 2019 — but Obama will never own up to it.

And all the while, the benighted fools who put this ill-equipped, ill-intentioned prima donna into office drive around with Obama-Biden stickers on their bumpers, apparently unfazed, too.

Cross-posted here.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Government run grocery stores in the inner city. Now I am stunned. The fraud possibilities are mind boggling. Next you are going to tell me the special needs minority won’t have to pay for the food they get, just go pick it up. Wait.. why do they have to go to the store to pick up their government issue rations, can’t the government deliver? Think of all the jobs that would create.

Skandia Recluse on April 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Government run grocery stores in the inner city.

Skandia Recluse on April 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

All they have to do is change the sign from Walmart to Obamafood.

uknowmorethanme on April 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM
Top Pick

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Top Pick

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM