Green Room

Obama to appear on American Idol now?

posted at 11:14 am on April 9, 2010 by

For cripe’s sake. This guy is just obsessed with being front-and-center. He really has got to be a part of every single facet of American life, doesn’t he? Our Narcissist-in-Chief and his lovely wife are now all set to appear on American Idol.

The President and First Lady took time out of their busy schedules on Wednesday to sit down for a taping with “American Idol” as part of the hit show’s fundraising event set to air next week.

“Idol Gives Back” is a two-hour charity performance that has already raised more than $140 million in contributions for global organizations.

This year’s beneficiaries include Children’s Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children’s U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation.

At least we’re warned in advance, so we can make sure not to watch that night.

Now, to be fair, George Bush appeared on American Idol as well. The difference, however, is that Bush didn’t have nearly as many prime time TV appearances as Obama does. Obama constantly is taking up space on our televisions, appearing in prime time TV specials, making late night talk show appearances… he’s obsessed with always being in the public eye. It’s ridiculous. And now he’s going to be on American Idol, too? I guess it makes sense. The man wants to be a celebrity. It isn’t good enough to just be the president. He’s got to be the spotlight of every American’s life.

Then again…

He’s won a Grammy, he got the Nobel Peace Prize, he’s on TV constantly… why not American Idol? Heck, maybe next year he can be named the winner without even auditioning. Then he could send an updated iPOD to the Queen of England with his AI recordings. And maybe Michelle and Barack can be a team on The Amazing Race together, too!! Why not? Americans would LOVE to see that! Wouldn’t they? Wouldn’t they??

At least it will be interesting seeing what Michelle Obama deems appropriate attire for American Idol viewers, and how Obama might answer a question about his favorite music.

I am curious about one thing, though, considering Obama’s war with Fox News. Is he aware that American Idol is a Fox production?

Cross-posted from Cassy’s blog. Stop by for more original commentary, or follow her on Twitter!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Next up, “Dancing with the Stars.”

Mrs. POTUS will lead.

GrannyDee on April 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I want to see him get his ass kicked on MTV’s Bully Beatdown.

Disturb the Universe on April 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Remember the lady who sold her three tvs (I think it was 3 that is) last summer because Obama was on every channel?

I understood where she was coming from then…I really, REALLY understand it now.

powerpro on April 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I have never watched idol and I am not about to now on a bet. I am sick of seeing this bho on tv, period!
L

letget on April 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Just as long as he doesn’t show up on Mythbusters or Dogtown. Or any Yankee game.

rbj on April 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM

My recommendation for him is to appear on Food Network’s “Chopped.” Failing that, it is high time for the American people to begin work to get this boor out of office. Another 3 years is too long to wait.

Howard Portnoy on April 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I heard he’s filling out Tiger’s foursome at the Masters this weekend.

PatMac on April 9, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Better a cameo appearance on “Lost” . . . and stayed

tpitman on April 10, 2010 at 6:53 AM

If he shows up in an episode of Brave and the Bold, I’m gonna scream.

ZK on April 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM

LMAO. Is he going to sing? I might actually watch it.

bitsy on April 10, 2010 at 1:08 PM

If he showed up on that awful “Dog” bounty hunter show – as the target – I’d watch that, with glee.

GGMac on April 10, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Yeah….as if the show wasn’t already teetering on the edge of Shark Jumpery already….Can we get that pretentious ass Bono on board too? I love U2, but I hate when he preaches on & on…I wonder if all ten million pairs of Bono’s thousand-dollar designer sunglasses are eco-friendly?

I guess after Obie kept pre-empting Idol last season with his constant prime time crapfests it was easier to just have him & the Boob Belt Lady on the show. I hope to hell they don’t ask him who his favorite Idol contestants were; he’ll choke and sputter unless a Prompter gives him the answer. I’d give a fortune to have someone program the Prompter to read with nonsensical names to see if the Imbecile In Chief mucks it up.

And then from hereafter ACORN and the SEIU will fudge the voting on Idol….

One Against Many on April 11, 2010 at 4:30 PM