Green Room

“Picking your battles” or “Shut up Lindsey!”

posted at 4:14 pm on March 16, 2010 by

RinoAmnesty

And because some of you asked for them… be sure to check out some of the new designs!
LTbanner01

All proceeds go towards helping me justify my political cartooning to TLG.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

A couple things I’m still scratching my head about over the Rs…

1 How did McCain get the R nomination again? Geez. We can’t call ourselves a conservative party anymore, not even close, if that’s who we picked.

2 How Senator Lucy got re-elected in SC, a year after the amnesty cramdown.

If these events do not show the R party is only ever so slightly to the right of the Dems, nothing does.

rightwingyahooo on March 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM

And we’re not talking senators here, either. These are rank and file R party voters.

rightwingyahooo on March 16, 2010 at 5:54 PM

No-one made a serious challenge to Graham in the Republican primary.

And a loon captured the Democrat nomination, which led the national Democrats of the state to back Graham’s re-election.

Voters will make a choice, sure, but one has to be offered to them.

tigerinexile on March 16, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Yes RWY, McCain was our nominee. And for our efforts, we lost by a pretty significant chunk.

As for Grahmnesty, I’m not sure of the SC dynamics, but I bet there really wasn’t a viable alternative, especially once the incumbency advatage is factored in. Not saying its right, but perhaps better than what could have been. We all need to look at our own districts and states, and try to get the best conservative candidates we can get, whether we are taking out a solid “R” or not.

JamesLee on March 16, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Well, we can’t find anyone to take out Nelson here in FL, the last big name leftist in the state. Oh and did I mention Mel Martinez?

And of course we have Crist. heh. Crist.

But not much longer, eh, Charlie-boy? Nope, not much longer.

I am looking forward to having Bill McCollum as Gov, and wish he had not been shoved aside by Bush in favor of Martinez in 2004. That left a bad taste with many of the Rs here.

rightwingyahooo on March 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like this one haha!

deidre on March 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM

rightwinghooo,
The reason our dear john got in as the r for president was the msm was all for him. They knew he had no way in heck to win against this bho. The other reason, it takes months in various states to say who we want as who we want as president. By the time we in TX had a choice it was dear john or this bho.
All the other candidates were gone by the months of other states choosing who they wanted.
I do hope those in SC give our lindsey the boot the next time he is up for election. He needs to change to a d IMO.
L

letget on March 16, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I like, and approve of this cartoon 115%. XD

KinleyArdal on March 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM

As always, the best comedy is rooted in truth.

Cylor on March 17, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Sarjex, you are on a roll!! This and the “walking the plank” one are “teh Awesome!” — and they’re starting to be more frequent. (fans with towel) Keep going, champ!

cthulhu on March 17, 2010 at 12:34 AM

McCain got the nomination due to open primaries, which allowed democrats to pollute the mix, as well as the fact that the other candidates just weren’t compelling and all had their flaws as well.

But our nominating process NEEDS to be reformed, so that in 2012, our nominee is actually chosen by REPUBLICANS.

wildcat84 on March 17, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Top Pick

Slow your roll, boss

Top Pick

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination

“The hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality…”

Kicking him when he’s down.

Of pigeons and terrorists

Jazz Shaw Jun 20, 2017 12:01 PM

A terrorist by any other name…

Some things require a sledgehammer, not a scalpel

Closing the gap.