Green Room

Tom Brady Urges World to Turn Off Lights for One Hour, But Not During a Pats Night Game

posted at 8:35 am on March 14, 2010 by

From the “What happens when athletes marry enviro-wacko supermodels” file:

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen and husband, NFL great Tom Brady have recently shown their support for WWF’s Earth Hour by filming two videos that encourage people around the world to join them in turning off their lights for Earth Hour on Saturday, March 27th at 8:30 pm.

They’re still peddling the man-made “climate change” hoax and presumably have settled on going dark as the best way to make sure nobody can see Al Gore pick-pocketing the world:

I hereby not only pledge to turn all my lights off for one hour that day, but for a full eight hours — just like I do every night.

If Tom really wants to save some energy on lights, he’ll stop worrying about the lamp in my living room and instead maybe cancel a few of those night games at Gillette Stadium:

null

Or maybe if there were fewer lights on Tom’s wife, the polar ice caps could be saved:

null

Cross-posted at DougPowers.com

Twitter @ThePowersThatBe

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“Do as I say, not as I do” sound familiar?

beachgirlusa on March 14, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Shut up and play! Those of us in the Nashville area have a hard time seeing the stars at night due to the lights at Gore’s mansion and they think this will make a difference. For the second year in a row, I will have every possible light and electric appliance cranked up that night – thanks for reminding me which night it is, moron.

PatMac on March 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Being a Mass-$%le and a Pats fan, this pains me. I know to most of these celebrities it sounds innocent enough, but it really makes them sound silly. I like Tom Brady and for the most part he is a no-nonsense kind of guy. He accepts responsibility for himself, his play, takes less money then he could from the Pats, and works extremely hard at his profession.

I beg you Tom. Leave the moonbaty-ness and advocacy to your wife. At least she has the “Supermodel” excuse. No one expects her to have a reasonable or well informed opinion. (I realize that that may have sounded a bit sexist. But cmon, she IS a supermodel. A whole industry rooted in Sexism and objectification.)

drocity on March 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Does this idea include turning off the TV?

Skandia Recluse on March 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Maybe Brady really is Matt Damon.

GO JETS.

fiatboomer on March 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Shoot, that reminds me – I need to get some more Incandescent Light bulbs to make sure I can light up the apartment for earth hour. I certainly don’t want to have to leave one fixture dark, just because I didn’t could get the highest wattage bulb I could get for it.

Chip on March 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Gee, I wonder what size their house is and how often they fly around in private jets.
Go away, Tom Brady and don’t come back until your carbon footprint is as small as mine.

PoodleSkirt on March 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Top Pick

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

Top Pick

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM