Shocker: Amy Bishop fired from University of Alabama
posted at 9:48 pm on March 11, 2010 by Cassy Fiano
Who would’ve thought that murdering three of your coworkers could get you fired?
University of Alabama in Huntsville officials have fired professor Amy Bishop, who’s accused of shooting and killing three colleagues last month.
A one-paragraph letter dated Feb. 26 was mailed to Bishop informing her the university had terminated her employment effective Feb. 12, said UAH spokesman Ray Garner.
Bishop was suspended without pay retroactively on the day of the attack, Garner said.
Bishop has been charged with capital murder in a shooting that also injured three others in a faculty meeting on Feb. 12. She has been also charged with three counts of attempted murder.
Guess this just goes to show that if you’re a liberal extremist academic, you literally have to kill someone to get fired.
And in Amy Bishop’s case, it only took them fourteen days to do it!
Hat Tip: Jammie Wearing Fool
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation