Green Room

WELCOME TO A NEW SEASON NASCAR FANS! — OPEN THREAD

posted at 2:21 pm on February 13, 2010 by

As the green flag drops on the Nationwide race, (live on ESPN 2), welcome Nascar fans to an open thread.  Will Danica finish the race?

NASCARBESTnascar DOT COM.

Live LEADERBOARD

Update:  Who’s going to win today’s Daytona 500?

*2010 Daytona 500 – Daytona International Speedway – Feb. 14, 2010

Ryan Newman 30/1

Jeff Burton 30/1

Jamie McMurray 30/1

225px-JamieMcMurrayBristolAugust2007

Congratulations Jamie!

James Christopher McMurray

born June 3, 1976 in Joplin, Missouri) is an American race car driver. McMurray is best known for winning the 2002 UAW-GM Quality 500 as a substitute driver in his second Winston Cup start. He currently drives the #1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet Impala SS full-time in the Sprint Cup Series for Earnhardt Ganassi Racing. He won the 2010 Daytona 500 in his first race with EGR.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

As a side note, driving on the FM roads in 100+ degree heat during the summer in rural Dallas, whenever my wife spots a woman cutting the lawn she remarks that inside the house there is some fat bastard in his underwear sucking a beer and watching NASCAR on TV.

Danica almost certainly will increase attendance at the race track and viewership on the television by levels of magnitudes. This directly relates to an increase in the total cost of sponsorship parlayed over a greater number of returning and new targets. Doesn’t matter a whit if Danica finishes the race; it matters most that she started it.

ericdijon on February 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I love Walter’s opinion of NASCAR (Walter is one of Jeff Dunham’s puppets).

Oh, look, they’re turning left!

Oh, look, they’re turning left again!

I wonder what they’ll do next? The suspense is killing me.

Daggett on February 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I figure she’s either going to get on some short tracks and learn to “trade paint” or she’ll head back to open wheel. Starting at Daytona was almost not fair for any rookie.

Rovin on February 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Oh, first day and she crashes. That’s rough.

Free Constitution on February 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM

That sounds kind of mano a mano. Won’t the other boys really just be copping some cheap feels?

ericdijon on February 13, 2010 at 9:23 PM

She did well in the ARCA race last week. I missed the race tonite, got caught up in some Olympics stuff.

Any tips for the yahoo fantasy race picks? Lots of changes in the off season, hard to figure out which teams really have good stuff, or how many are there on a shoe string budget?

karenhasfreedom on February 14, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Mark Martin wins the Daytona 500 and the Cup, hey the Saints won the superbowl.

joeswampy on February 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I think its great that patrick is in nascar……..

BUT!!!!!!!!!

If I had a dollar for every time the announcers said her name I could pay my mortgage!!! for TWO MONTHS.

Geez, they could have renamed the Nationwide Series to the Danika Patrick show. Hopefully the new will wear off.

I think the next race I will just turn the sound off and pop in a music cd.

RealMc on February 14, 2010 at 9:56 AM

C’mon, Million Dollar Bill!!

A guy can hope, right?

#9 FTW.

hillbillyjim on February 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM

One observation: Fox is running a few too many commercials IMO. We want to see racing…..

Rovin on February 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM

New NASCAR Season?

Is that the Palin Sportsfest Season?

You betcha!

TheAlamos on February 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I was sure I saw a set of wings push Jamie and pull Dale to the Front and for the win.

Remembering 3 Today