Would He Ever Announce It? Obamic Options 007
posted at 7:03 am on February 8, 2010 by Dafydd ab Hugh
Today’s episode of Obamic Options is somewhat a corollary to Obamic Options 4, linked at the end. The explosion of the gas pipe in Middletown, CT triggered my cerebral susurration, as my thoughts softly whispered, but what if it was…?
The Connecticut blast appears to have been entirely accidental:
An explosion blew apart a power plant under construction as workers purged natural gas lines Sunday, killing at least five people and injuring a dozen or more in a blast that shook homes for miles, officials said.
But let’s postulate, for sake of debate on the response of President Baracjk HY. Obama to future events, that a similar blast occurs; but in this future hypothetical case, the evidence is fairly strong that it was an actual jihadist terrorist attack.
Today’s Obamic conundrum is quite simple: In such a case, would the president ever allow that conclusion to be broadcast to the general public? Or would he institute a massive cover-up to make it appear as though it was just an accident?
Please note, I’m not covertly hinting that this particular explosion was anything other than a bone-fide accident; I really think that’s all it was. My question is purely a premonitory… if a devastating explosion on American soil in the future is determined by the FBI to be an act of terrorism, and if it can only be attributed to a militant Islamist — not to a crazed George W. Bush supporter — would B.O. allow that conclusion to be broadcast?
Or would he attempt, successfully or un-, to suppress it… say, in order to avoid an “anti-Moslem backlash?”
I honestly cannot say whether he would allow us, the people, to know the score; and that makes me very nervous indeed.
A desultory, semi-cardioided search discloses a few other samples of this decadent derision:
- Obamic Options 001
- Obamic Options 002: The Limits of Tolerance of Pinkos
- Another Noble Obamic Musing – Obamic Options 003
- Could He Ever Bring Himself to Say It? Obamic Options 004
- Extradition Indecision – Obamic Options 005
- Will B.O. Run for Reelection? – Obamic Options 006
Cross-posted on Big Lizards…
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation