Green Room

Joe Biden to Scott Brown: I want to talk to you about your daughters!

posted at 6:35 pm on February 4, 2010 by

Good ‘ole Joe Biden. He’s always good for a laugh.

At Scott Brown’s swearing in ceremony, which took place about an hour and a half ago, Joe Biden made a rather interesting remark. After the oath was taken, Biden and Brown had some friendly chatting going on… during which Joe Biden said to Brown, “I’d like to talk to you about your daughters!” Wonder if this just might have been a reference to when Scott Brown notoriously told a national TV audience that his daughters were available.

Good ‘ole Joe Biden… always good for a laugh. I’m curious: does Joe Biden actually have any kind of filter between his brain and his mouth? My guess would be no.

Cross-posted from Cassy’s blog. Stop by for more original commentary, or follow her on Twitter!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but a quick search on the net indicates that Biden’s sons are already married.

malclave on February 4, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Their definition of marriage is not the same as ours so you never know.

vsatt on February 4, 2010 at 8:52 PM

True. I didn’t even think of trying to find the marital status of Biden’s daughters.

malclave on February 4, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Filter? Filter?! He don’t need no filter, he the sheriff of Porkulus!

walkingboss on February 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I would regard Joe Biden’s comment in the same way as Scott Brown’s mention of his daughters. It would be in the sense of I’ve got a nephew or my neighbor has a son, etc. I don’t think it is so bad.

sabbahillel on February 5, 2010 at 9:17 AM

The best possible construction: somebody he knows asked him to get Brown’s daughters’ contact info.

SilentWatcher on February 5, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Kind of looks like, in a reading between the lines sort of way, Biden is telling Brown that Brown said something stupid….

…and Biden should know. He has alot of experience in that area.

percysunshine on February 5, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Biden is an idiot, always has been and apparently always will be.

beachgirlusa on February 5, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I’d still prefer Biden as president than Dear Liar.
Biden’s merely incompetent.

rbj on February 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM

It shows that Joe Biden has a good sense of humour. I take that comment to be just having a friendly dig.

maggieo on February 5, 2010 at 4:05 PM