Kerry: George Bush drove a truck, too
posted at 8:24 am on January 18, 2010 by Pundette
Senator John Kerry, man of the people, used his talents to warm up the crowd for Obama yesterday in Boston:
“I’ve got news for you, Scott: George Bush drove a truck, too, and look where it got us,” Sen. Kerry said, continuing to poke at the campaign ad. “I didn’t know it was a qualification for being in the Senate.”
No, the qualifications for US Senate are a knack for gaseous oratory, a taste for conspicuous consumption, and the absence of scruples when it comes to other people’s money.
More truck talk here from Obama and Coakley.
*Update: See Gateway Pundit for even more truck talk. He posts video of Obama displaying a staggering level of blindness, saying “Everybody can buy a truck.” Reality from Scott Brown:
“Mr. President, unfortunately in this economy, not everybody can buy a truck,” Brown said in a statement. “My goal is to change that by cutting spending, lowering taxes and letting people keep more of their own money.”
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style