Green Room

Feminist: Husbands and fathers are “useless hunks of flesh”

posted at 9:54 pm on December 18, 2009 by

In the latest anti-male screed to pop up on Feministing, one feminist takes an article written by a working wife and mother… and turns it into a man-bashing rant.

On my Twitter feed I came across this article, from a woman explaining why she was late for work. Turns out she is, somehow, the only person responsible for rounding up the kids in the morning:

So where the f*ck is her husband, who presumably sired the kids in question?

Women of the world: it’s time to leave those useless hunks of flesh called “husbands” and “fathers” who feed off your labour while you earn 70 per cent of their wages.

And by the way: don’t forget to leave them custody. Leave your guilt at the door. The kids will work out fine. Your husband will have to make sure of that, just like you would if you were the sucker. Don’t be.

After all, men earn more money. They can look after the kids better. Let them.

Just so you know, this was listed as one of the editor’s favorites on the site for this week. While several commenters condemned this article, there were just as many who applauded it. Apparently, calling men “useless hunks of flesh” is perfectly fine in the feminist world. Can you just imagine the outrage if some male blogger called women nothing but useless hunks of flesh?

And hey, ladies, you can feel better now. Since all men are just lazy slobs who do nothing but mooch off of you, and you’re chained to your house because of your kids, you know officially have permission to leave it all behind and devote yourself to nothing but work and time with your womyn. Responsibility? Loving your children? Who needs that?

It’s really pathetic that so many feminists keep perpetuating this hatred towards men. It’s just as sexist as the misogyny that they claim to be railing against, yet to them, it’s allowable because of the so-called “partiarchy”. Calling all men useless hunks of flesh is OK, but calling a girl a bitch is forbidden and sexist. It’s because of the imaginary male privilege that feminists just cannot stop thinking about. No matter how much progress they make, no matter how many abortions they succeed in convincing women to get, they’re never happy and their hatred towards men never diminishes. Feminists have completely forgotten about where their movement started, which simply sought equality between men and women. Now that it’s for the most part been accomplished, modern feminists still aren’t satisfied. They’re not content with equality. They want men to be forever inferior to women, because how could a man possibly be intelligent? How could he be hard-working, kind, loving, chivalrous? There are so many men in the world who work hard, love their families, and do everything they can to keep their wives and children happy, safe, and feeling loved. There are good men in the world, and there are good women. But you certainly don’t see society condemning women for the bad things they do — our culture today has a special spot reserved just for showing how stupid, lazy, violent, and worthless men are. Women, on the other hand, are usually depicted as capable, smart, and put-together. At worst, they’re portrayed as all of the above, yet maybe just too overstressed, and that covers all manner of ills.

But feminists never see that. To them, the patriarchy still reigns supreme somehow. And they still go on hating men, as if we were still in the bra-burning days of the 60s.

They look at men as useless hunks of flesh who are nothing but sperm donors for women. And yet they still can’t see that they’re the sexist ones now. They complain about the stereotype of man-hating harpies, yet they not only publish this kind of bile, they promote it as an editor’s choice. Maybe if they stopped trying so hard to act like man-hating harpies, there wouldn’t be so many people who see them as such.

It really must be exhausting after a while, spending your entire life feeling so much hatred towards half of the population.

Cross-posted from Cassy’s blog. Stop by for more original commentary, or follow her on Twitter!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

More Waaaa… from the same ideological base.
Pathetic whiners.

Itchee Dryback on December 18, 2009 at 10:22 PM

My wife rounds up the kids for school every morning because I have to be at work at 6am and she has to be at work at 930am.

She makes 70% 40% of my wages because I have a masters degree and 15 years of experience in my field. She works because she wants to.

My daughters would kick this lady’s ass for being such a pantie waste and setting women back 20 years.

uknowmorethanme on December 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I chose a lesser-paying job with the school district so that my husband the nurse can take any shift he can to get work as a nurse. The lesser-paying job lets me be off when the kids are. In fact, “Winter Break” for my school district just started today. And I get to be off with my kids. Right now, my husband has only been getting work through an agency, and the shifts can be quite unusual.

Many women make less than their husbands because somebody needs to be there when the kids are home. If you are regarding your man as a “useless hunk of flesh,” you will regard your sons as the same (link NSFW).

Sekhmet on December 18, 2009 at 10:50 PM

We really do live in the age of hate.

rrpjr on December 18, 2009 at 11:35 PM

at ncpa.org

Denise Venable:

The Good News.

When women behave in the workplace as men do, the wage gap between them is small. June O’Neill, former director of the Congressional Budget Office, found that among people ages 27 to 33 who have never had a child, women’s earnings approach 98 percent of men’s. Women who hold positions and have skills and experience similar to those of men face wage disparities of less than 10 percent, and many are within a couple of points. Claims of unequal pay almost always involve comparing apples and oranges.

CWforFreedom on December 18, 2009 at 11:42 PM

that article is so, so…..90s

Get with the times, lady

thebrokenrattle on December 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM

that article is so, so…..90s

Get with the times, lady

thebrokenrattle on December 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Date him for a few years. If he’s as attentive at the 5 year mark as he was at 0 years, you’ve got a keeper.

If we weren’t such an impulsive society, she’d know the character of her mate.

unclesmrgol on December 19, 2009 at 2:08 AM

[/i]There is the stereotype of the man hating harpy because it’s based on reality.

I get very angry when women put down their husbands even in jest. They wouldn’t accept it the tables were turned.

I point out the hypocrisy and just get blank stares back from the ‘sista-hood’.

– Proudly Mrs Nick (Nora) Charles

The Thin Man Returns on December 19, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Seems to me that this feminazi is projecting herself on men.

BottomLine5 on December 19, 2009 at 8:59 AM

So where the f*ck is her husband, who presumably sired the kids in question?

Reading comprehension issues? From the article she allegedly read:

“By the time I heard Husband waking YoungerSon it was 7.20. Not good. We were supposed to leave at 7.30 a.m.

Husband gave YoungerSon his bottle, and got him dressed.”

So, after hubby wakes up he pulls his weight. In our house, I wake up at 4:30 – 5:00 am and wake my wife and son at about 7:15 am because I’m a morning person and she isn’t. But acknowledging that the author’s hubby does help and that not every husband sleeps later than his wife would kind of destroy her “argument”.

Secondly, the reason this lady was late was NOT because her husband slept in, it was because her kid wanted to wear clothes that weren’t ready, and she doesn’t know how to say the word NO.

Third,either parent could make lunch and/or lay out the kids’ clothes the night before. That way, if your kid wants to wear a snowsuit to school, it’ll be ready.

After all, men earn more money. They can look after the kids better. Let them.

I actually agree with this. If this is the way you feel about your kids, let Dad have them.

Bobbertsan on December 19, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I don’t want to miss a minute of raising my kids and found a man who wants to share that with me. We’re a family. Work is secondary to our family. We both do what we need to do. What a concept!

CTpatriotgirl on December 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Bobbertsan on December 19, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I agree – most of the original whine seemed due to the woman not having her act together rather than the husband sleeping in late. Maybe if she had ever learned how to manage her older son instead of being HIS doormat she wouldn’t be running around in the morning dancing to his beck and call. If it takes so much time to pack lunch for her family in the morning – grow a backbone and either have husband pack his own or one of them pack them at night? It can’t take more than 5 minutes to make 2 lunches but it takes 15 minutes to repair her own clothing? Why is the husband to blame because she doesn’t care for her own clothing?

katiejane on December 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM

These radical feminists are mentally ill. It’s very sad actually. I’d bet many of them were abused sexually, mentally/emotionally and/or had crappy male role models or absent fathers, etc.

beachgirlusa on December 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Wow, what a bitch. Sorry, that’s the only word I have for someone who encourages another person to abandon her family.

I’ve seen what happens when a mother follows this advice. My BIL’s x-wife pulled this with my niece and nephew. It doesn’t end well.

Vera on December 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM

beachgirlusa on December 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM

You’re falling into their trap. Do you believe that men are worse people than women? If you do, you might be a radical feminist.

Sekhmet on December 18, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Thanks for the link. She is one sick puppy and I really feel for her sons. I am sure they pick up on the fact that their mother dislikes them because they are male. I hope Anon finds Brandon.

Bill C on December 19, 2009 at 2:50 PM

? I think there are bad men and good men and bad women and good women; bad and good ppl in general, it’s human nature. It’s mentally unbalanced for these women to have such hatred for men or for anyone else and most of the time it’s obvious there has to be some underlying reason.

beachgirlusa on December 19, 2009 at 7:36 PM

which simply sought equality between men and women

Respectfully disagree. I agreed with the early “feminists” because I bought into the “equality” crap. It became quickly obvious that feminists were hate-filled lesbians who were attempting to do what the political left always does: appear mainstream. If you’re old enough to recall, feminists had more support early on before their true motives were exposed. Hatred is their stock in trade. Alwayshas been. Always will be.

oldleprechaun on December 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM