Green Room

A Friendly Chat with the Global Warming Evangelist Who Lives in My Head

posted at 10:41 pm on November 29, 2009 by

Hello, hyperventilating zealot.

Greetings, denialist scum.

Now that we’ve dispensed with the formalities, please allow me to point and laugh at you. Ahem. Ha ha ha! Point point point!

Shut up.

That’s what you’d like me to do. That’s what you’d like all of us to do. Shut our mouths and open our wallets. Did you really think it was going to be so easy?

This doesn’t prove anything.

What doesn’t?

You know.

We both do. I just want to hear you say it.

This Clim… This Climateguh. Guh.

That’s it, almost there.

This Climategate garbage doesn’t mean anything! You science-denying neocon fascist racist warmongering planet-raping… [Goes on like this for a bit]

My goodness. Feel better?

Well, I do. OMG, can you believe Obama changed his mind about going to Copenhagen after all this stuff came out? It’s like sprinting to board your ship at the last minute, and it’s the Titanic.

You’re the Titanic. You are.

Should we do this some other time? You’re making even less sense than usual.

Do you really think you know more than scientists? They’re scientists.

Yes, and science is a wonderful thing. It’s improved our lives in countless ways. It also has nothing to do with what these frauds, and the useful idiots who believed them, have been pulling.

How would you know?

I can read. “Hide the decline” and “Quick, delete these files before somebody catches on” and “HOLY CRAP WHY CAN’T I GET THIS DATA TO SAY WHAT WE NEED IT TO SAY IN ORDER TO KEEP OUR JOBS” aren’t exactly complex scientific concepts.

That just shows what a simpleton you are. You put scientists on a pedestal, so when you see them behaving like regular human beings, you think they’ve done something wrong.

Pedestal? I’m not putting them on a pedestal. You’re the one who’s been taking their every word as gospel and hurling invective at anybody who dares to question them. I’ve been saying all along that they’re fallible and they’re not telling us everything. This Climategate stuff is better proof than I ever could have imagined.

It’s just the normal peer-review process. You wouldn’t understand.

I understand that when they say things like “We need to keep these guys out of peer-reviewed journals” and “Let’s get this editor fired for publishing an article that disagrees with us,” it goes beyond the regular process. It’s thuggery. It’s a disgrace.

The science is settled. You’re a denier. You probably don’t believe in the Holocaust either.

What’s next, are you going to rip off an old Gilbert Gottfried joke and act like you’ve done something clever? Settle down, you’re sweating through your hemp shirt.

Hemp is a miracle plant, man. You can make so many different things out of–

Fascinating, yes. So you’re taking all of this news well, that’s the important thing.

F*** you, denier.

I’ll get right on that, just as soon as I buy an SUV big enough to carry all the incandescent bulbs I’ll need to light my new coal plant.

F*** you, denier.

Okay. Well, have a good one, Chicken Little.

F*** you, denier. F*** you, denier. F*** you, denier. F*** you, denier. [Rocks back and forth in corner, weeping softly, until it’s time for Living with Ed]

P.S. “The science is settled… er, at the bottom of that dumpster!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

ROFL I’d go see a psychiatrist if ManBearPig was living in MY skull.

GnuBreed on November 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Chat with the Global Warming Evangelist Who Lives in My Head

Hahaha! If you’re in a hurry, let Achmed, the dead terrorist answer.

Feedie on November 30, 2009 at 3:22 AM

And the MSM doesn’t see a story in ClimateGate? I keep repeating, the MSM is the very definition of insanity – keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. “We’re losing viewers/readers/listeners, maybe if we ignore this story too, they’ll come back.”

PatMac on November 30, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Hysterical! I want one of those SUV’s too!

And, re PatMac, the MSM is like the Democrats itching to pass Obamacare. “We’re losing voters, maybe if we pass it anyway they’ll come back.”

livefreerdie on November 30, 2009 at 9:05 AM

We will have to pry global warming from their cold dead fingers. I’m not advocating murder or anything, just using the old euphemism about guns. That’s how strongly all the econuts believe in their religion. They don’t get the real science cause they’re not educated well enough, so they cling to the false hope that they can make a difference. I cringe when I hear young people say that because they can’t tell you what the difference is.

Kissmygrits on November 30, 2009 at 9:06 AM

I like how it’s tagged “BBC”.

Abby Adams on November 30, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Just as funny here as it was your blog.

That’s a compliment, by the way.

Physics Geek on November 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM

This was the only way I could get it on Hot Air, I guess…

Jim Treacher on November 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Very nice comic relief. Thanks.

Robert17 on November 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Funny. How many Warmers does it take to screw up a light bulb?

Geochelone on December 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Grrrrrreat!

John the Libertarian on December 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Top Pick

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”