Green Room

Live-blogging Going Rogue: The Dust-Jacket!

posted at 1:36 pm on November 19, 2009 by

I mean, if Andrew Sullivan, the Conservative of Doubt(ful Sanity), can live-blog SP’s appearance on Oprah!, why not? For a few months there, before the resignation and Facebook offensive, serious Sarahists had to make do with a few cryptic paragraphs comparing politicians’ broken promises to the Alaska snow…

OK – just kidding – though I did receive my copy from Amazon – slightly nicked in the mailer, oh misery! – and did enjoy the back cover photo and overleaf text – okay, okay, enough said…

Like more than a few of the rest of you, I suspect, I’m reading the book in my own sweet time, no reviewer deadline or anything, no desperation to get in on the Sarahpalooza, lots of other life to take care of.  Anyone who happens to have anything to say about the actual book – rather than the hype and the polit-junkie headlines – whether you haven’t gotten past the dust-jacket yet or are already on your third reading, feel free to comment.

And, no, I don’t intend to review it paragraph by paragraph or page by page or even chapter by chapter.   Not 100% sure I’ll even review the whole book, though I suspect I’ll find something to say about it eventually.

(CK MacLeod runs the Zombie Contentions blog, but this here’s a Green Room exclusive.)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

This would quite possibly be the most boring live blog ever.

BadgerHawk on November 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM

This would quite possibly be the most boring live blog ever.

BadgerHawk on November 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Well, that would be quite an accomplishment – from a certain perspective.

CK MacLeod on November 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I planned to read it over time, too, but once I got started kept going. Picked it up and started reading it after work, and finished it in the wee hours of the morning.

I wouldn’t call it a literary masterpiece or anything, but it reads like a very authentic account of the life of an adventurous politician that I respect.

Down-to-earth, and it reads conversationally.

cs89 on November 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I don’t know if I’ll read it or not. I bought it primarily to donate to the local library.

erp on November 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Come to think of it, maybe we could get Andrew Sullivan to live-blog our live-blog.

CK MacLeod on November 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Harummphph.

Time to fact check, erp. Did you really buy the book? We, the public demand proof. Certified copy of your receipt. Video of the transaction from the security cameras. Two eyewitnesses. Do you have a public library in mind to donate it to? Which one? Who may we contact there? Do you intend to deduct the donation from your taxes?

Not picking on you, erp. Just goofing off CNN’s morons.

Robert17 on November 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM

“He hasn’t been serious.”

A familiar GOP pattern when in power: Squabbling

Andrew Malcolm Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Not exactly teamwork.

Merkel plots confrontation on climate change.

Button it up.

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”