Green Room

Live-blogging Going Rogue: The Dust-Jacket!

posted at 1:36 pm on November 19, 2009 by

I mean, if Andrew Sullivan, the Conservative of Doubt(ful Sanity), can live-blog SP’s appearance on Oprah!, why not? For a few months there, before the resignation and Facebook offensive, serious Sarahists had to make do with a few cryptic paragraphs comparing politicians’ broken promises to the Alaska snow…

OK – just kidding – though I did receive my copy from Amazon – slightly nicked in the mailer, oh misery! – and did enjoy the back cover photo and overleaf text – okay, okay, enough said…

Like more than a few of the rest of you, I suspect, I’m reading the book in my own sweet time, no reviewer deadline or anything, no desperation to get in on the Sarahpalooza, lots of other life to take care of.  Anyone who happens to have anything to say about the actual book – rather than the hype and the polit-junkie headlines – whether you haven’t gotten past the dust-jacket yet or are already on your third reading, feel free to comment.

And, no, I don’t intend to review it paragraph by paragraph or page by page or even chapter by chapter.   Not 100% sure I’ll even review the whole book, though I suspect I’ll find something to say about it eventually.

(CK MacLeod runs the Zombie Contentions blog, but this here’s a Green Room exclusive.)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

This would quite possibly be the most boring live blog ever.

BadgerHawk on November 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM

This would quite possibly be the most boring live blog ever.

BadgerHawk on November 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Well, that would be quite an accomplishment – from a certain perspective.

CK MacLeod on November 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I planned to read it over time, too, but once I got started kept going. Picked it up and started reading it after work, and finished it in the wee hours of the morning.

I wouldn’t call it a literary masterpiece or anything, but it reads like a very authentic account of the life of an adventurous politician that I respect.

Down-to-earth, and it reads conversationally.

cs89 on November 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I don’t know if I’ll read it or not. I bought it primarily to donate to the local library.

erp on November 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Come to think of it, maybe we could get Andrew Sullivan to live-blog our live-blog.

CK MacLeod on November 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Harummphph.

Time to fact check, erp. Did you really buy the book? We, the public demand proof. Certified copy of your receipt. Video of the transaction from the security cameras. Two eyewitnesses. Do you have a public library in mind to donate it to? Which one? Who may we contact there? Do you intend to deduct the donation from your taxes?

Not picking on you, erp. Just goofing off CNN’s morons.

Robert17 on November 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Top Pick

Very problematic

Top Pick

About time

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”

Whoflubdits.

It would at least be a start

Noor lawyers up — for good reason.

Still losing ground.

Still an unusual choice

Lone Star blues

“…held in full view — but not listening distance — of others present.”

“In 1977, Chesimard was found guilty of first degree murder…”

“Shep is a friend, I like him, but he’s so anti-Trump.”

Pony up some additional cash, citizens

“She’s absolutely going to run.”