Suddenly the left cares about honest visuals!
posted at 5:09 pm on November 11, 2009 by Laura
Fox News Hannity swapped out some video to make a recent protest look bigger than it really was. As Ed pointed out, it was both stupid and unnecessary.
But let’s not pretend the left really cares about the truthful use of imagery in the media. Sorry, that claim just won’t fly after:
- The use of carefully cropped photos to make Republicans and conservatives look sinister.
- Using photos with inconvenient truths like stage management and Communist symbols cropped out.
- The denigrating, sexist focus on Sarah Palin’s shoes, especially shots angled to have someone appear to be looking up her skirt.
- Years of tightly cropped photos of anti-war and pro-illegal immigration protests to make crowds seem larger or to hide the Mexican flags.
- The Obama halo photos.
- The media’s habit of passing by hundreds or thousands of sane people and zeroing in on Truthers and other whack jobs at tea party protests.
- Shamelessly edited video. To say nothing of Keith Olbermann.
- And the most damning indictment of all: the open secret of Pallywood. Instead of exposing this travesty of journalism, our media routinely uses blatantly dishonest anti-Israel imagery.
There is no excuse for what Fox News Hannity did, and I’m glad they were caught at it. I’m not aware of anyone on the right defending it. But spare me the outrageously outrageous outrage, lefties. You don’t have a leg to stand on.
Added: WoosterOh is quite right; it wasn’t Fox News, it was Hannity. I had just left several lefty sites crowing about “Faux News” getting caught and see?! SEE?! We told you it wasn’t a real news organization! So I typed Fox News. Sorry ’bout that.
Recently in the Green Room: