Green Room

Suddenly the left cares about honest visuals!

posted at 5:09 pm on November 11, 2009 by

Fox News Hannity swapped out some video to make a recent protest look bigger than it really was.  As Ed pointed out, it was both stupid and unnecessary.

But let’s not pretend the left really cares about the truthful use of imagery in the media.  Sorry, that claim just won’t fly after:

There is no excuse for what Fox News Hannity did, and I’m glad they were caught at it.  I’m not aware of anyone on the right defending it.  But spare me the outrageously outrageous outrage, lefties.  You don’t have a leg to stand on.

Added: WoosterOh is quite right; it wasn’t Fox News, it was Hannity.  I had just left several lefty sites crowing about “Faux News” getting caught and see?! SEE?!  We told you it wasn’t a real news organization!  So I typed Fox News.  Sorry ’bout that.

Crossposted.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Fox News swapped out some video to make a recent protest look bigger than it really was. As Ed pointed out, it was both stupid and unnecessary.

Fox News did not, Sean Hannity did. Man, Hot Air is becoming trash like the rest of the news.

WoosterOh on November 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Laura is now living in my head rent free.

This is exactly what I thought when I read Ed’s post earlier.

I think you left out a really bad one, when MSDNC edited the black guy with the AR-15 on his shoulder to support their “angry armed white racist” story they were pushing.

That was so blatant, I could not believe they actually thought they would get away with it.

Right on Laura, right on.

Brian1972 on November 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Does this mean the other networks will stop using file footage, or stock photos, and every visual will be real time, actual images?

Skandia Recluse on November 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Wooster, thanks. That was really careless of me.

Hey, remember Canoe Girl?

Skandia, I’d settle for just omitting the narrative.

Laura on November 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Hey, remember Canoe Girl?

Skandia, I’d settle for just omitting the narrative.

Laura on November 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM

i just sprayed my keyboard with hot tea! thanks for the laugh. :-)

homesickamerican on November 11, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I’m just as guilty. I Photoshopped a mustache on a snap of my granddaughter. Nobody thought it was quite as funny as I did, at least they said “knucklehead” as they snickered.

Come on Sean, stooping to “their” level?

Robert17 on November 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Canoe girl!

That one was really hilarious!

Oh, and anything from Dan Rather on any election night broadcast from the late 20th century would qualify.

As she sees it, as she decrees it, Florida goes Bush.
See MRC election 2000 archives.

Brian1972 on November 11, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Dan Rather on any election night broadcast

Oh yes, I remember that. And this, not bias so much as hilarious: Ratherisms.

“This race is hotter than a Times Square Rolex.”

“His lead is as thin as turnip soup.”

“This race is humming along like Ray Charles.”

“One’s reminded of that old saying, ‘Don’t taunt the alligator until after you’ve crossed the creek.’”

“This situation in Ohio would give an aspirin a headache.”

“Bush is sweeping through the South like a big wheel through a cotton field.”

“No question now that Kerry’s rapidly reaching the point where he’s got his back to the wall, his shirttails on fire and the bill collector’s at the door.”

(To Joe Lockhart) “I know that you’d rather walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit than consider the possibility that John Kerry would lose Ohio.”

(To Joe Lockhart) “What about Michigan? It’s been out there for a long time. Is that making your fingernails sweat?”

“This presidential race has been crackling like a hickory fire for at least the last hour and a half.”

“We used to say if a frog had side pockets, he’d carry a handgun.” (Huh?)

“No one is saying that George Bush is not going to win the election, and if you had to bet the double-wide, you’d have to bet that he’d win.”

“In southern states they beat him like a rented mule.”

Laura on November 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM

And the most damning indictment of all: the open secret of Pallywood. Instead of exposing this travesty of journalism, our media routinely uses blatantly dishonest anti-Israel imagery.

THANK YOU! I honestly don’t give a sh*t what Hannity did. Honestly. And if anyone else in the news starts to be all high and mighty, perhaps we can push a button on the way-back machine and point out a few teeny tiny little inconvenient facts about how THEY portray the Israelis (according to them, a bunch of gun wielding maniacs) and the Palestinians (according to them, innocent persecuted people).
Until that stops, I suggest every other news organization shuts the h*ll up and gets off their high horse about faking the news.

mjk on November 11, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I’m not a Hannity fan, but I wonder if this might not have been an honest mistake. You know, like someone put the wrong tape or disc in before they pressed play?

gryphon202 on November 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM