My Ally, the government
posted at 11:34 am on October 28, 2009 by King Banaian
I did not know that Ally Bank, those people with the really annoying commercials using kids to discuss bait-and-switch tactics, is the online bank of GMAC, the financing arm of General Motors. So in essence those ads come from the government, which currently owns a third of GMAC.
I say let’s make a deal: Your parent wants $2.8-5.6 billion more money in stimulus dollars? The third time you’ve come to the trough? Stop the damn ads and we’ll talk.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained