At Last, Just What We Need…
posted at 5:47 pm on October 22, 2009 by Dafydd ab Hugh
Let us take inventory of the last nine months (only as long as it takes to bring a baby into the world):
- Our president is driving the Crazy Train to national bankruptcy.
- He’s hunting high and low for a way to lose two wars.
- He’s appeasing our enemies and alienating our allies.
- He has as much as accepted Iran and North Korea building nuclear arsenals.
- Russia may be on the brink of resurrecting the Soviet Union, reconquering many of the countries whose liberty was the hard-fought victory of Ronald Reagan.
- Our Congress is scheming to take over the entire health-care system and ultimately transform it to single payer, using the British National Health Service as its model.
- Liberal Democrats are desperately trying to enact a stealth $3.6 trillion tax on all energy use, hoping to cripple American industry and the economy.
- The entire Left is trying to sneak gay marriage in through the back door.
- They’re poised to grant full-blown amnesty — not a plea bargain, as Bush proposed, but actual amnesty — to millions and millions of illegal aliens.
- We may be about to see the American dollar dropped as the world’s reserve currency.
But at least Democrats have found the key to everything, the most important thing they can do to restore the greatness of America, in the face of the imminent collapse of everything unique and wonderful about our country:
The House Financial Services Committee voted Thursday to create a federal agency devoted to protecting consumers from predatory lending, abusive overdraft fees and unfair rate hikes….
The legislation has been the target of an aggressive multimillion-dollar lobbying campaign by the financial industry, which contends that the agency would have dangerously broad reach.
Thursday’s vote indicates that Democrats were willing to shrug off those concerns and are likely to pass the bill on the floor by the end of the year.
President Barack Obama said the vote “sends an important signal to the American people that we will not stand by and allow big financial firms and their lobbyists to mobilize against change.”
Well thank goodness for the return of sanity! Everyone knows that when trouble threatens and the future seems dim, there is always a solution: Create a new federal agency.
Why didn’t I think of that?
Cross-post on Big Lizards…