Green Room

I know it was you, Newt.

posted at 8:25 pm on October 16, 2009 by

You broke my heart.

Meet Dede Scozzofava. She’s one of the potential Republican candidates entering the special election to replace John McHugh’s congressional seat. She won the prestigious Margaret Sanger award. Plus…I mean, she’s a sweetie.
Dede1
I mean, look at her! She’s got warmth and compassion oozing from every pore! Sure, a movement existed just months ago to draft her as a Democrat because she would vote like Hillary Clinton, but pish tush. Now, conversely, let’s look at bad ol’ Doug Hoffman, another candidate who is also running.
Hoffman1
Oh, what a stick in the mud this guy looks like. Seriously. He’s not even smiling, emanating the power of a thousand rainbows. Finally, there’s this lady.
Sanger1
Ohhh, ha ha ha! The joke’s on me! This isn’t a candidate for Congress! This is Margaret Sanger! The lady whose award darling Dede won! Now, I don’t know about you, but I’m in my twenties…and I don’t remember reading much about this lady in high school…or college, for that matter. Well, a while ago, I did a little research on eugenics, this wonderful cultural and scientific movement in the early 20th century that spread all over the Western world, but particularly took root in the United States. Oh, and Germany.

In a nutshell, eugenics went like this: The superior human beings should be allowed to breed, and the inferior ones should…well…die. All they’re doing is mucking up the gene pool. However, just outright killing them might look kinda shady. So, how about we sterilize all these…um…let’s call them “undesirables.” What are undesirables? Oh, you know…the mentally handicapped(and those with low grades in school). Criminals. Prostitutes. Epileptics. The f***ing poor:

It is a vicious cycle; ignorance breeds poverty and poverty breeds ignorance. There is only one cure for both, and that is to stop breeding these things. Stop bringing to birth children whose inheritance cannot be one of health or intelligence. Stop bringing into the world children whose parents cannot provide for them. Herein lies the key of civilization. For upon the foundation of an enlightened and voluntary motherhood shall a future civilization emerge.

- Margaret Sanger’s pamphlet “What Every Boy and Girl Should Know”, 1915

Let’s just round them up, take them into a building, and forcibly operate on them to the extent that they can no longer bear children, because we know better. I hear it’s going remarkably well overseas! You know what else this wonderful ideology could achieve? It could get rid of those pesky black people!

“We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population,” she said, “if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

Woman’s Body, Woman’s Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

Oh, absolutely. Imagine if they rose up and refused to be part of a giant “purification” movement! That might avert the possibility that one day, the black population would account for over one-third of all abortions, despite being only 12% of the population! We can’t let that great achievement get away from us just because they think they’re equal to us!

So, decades later, an award named after one lovely woman is accepted by another lovely woman, Dede Scozzafava, and she’s just tickled about it. Newt Gingrich and the National Republican Congressional Committee are just tickled about it. Anyone else tickled about it?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Planned Parenthood gives out this award. Say what you want in defense of Margaret Sanger, her actions laid the groundwork for what is now the most prolific abortion mill in America. If this organization has given to this woman the Margaret Sanger award, she is not one whom I want my money going to support and certainly not who I want in office.

Jvette on October 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM

The sad part is I just got one of those recorded messages from Boehner asking me to donate to the NRCC, and in this message he specifically mentioned getting rid of the RINOs, but this is the kind of candidate they support? The only thing sadder is that I was duped into contributing. I feel shame.

DFCtomm on October 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I just noted it was you Madison. Good job.

Cindy Munford on October 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Newt’s name was being thrown into the ring to run for President in 2012 months ago during the first tea party rallies. Most of the attendees that I stood by groaned when his name was mentioned.

Newt had his time and now it’s time for a real conservative to come forward.

yoda on October 17, 2009 at 10:33 AM

A lot of you have mentioned Newt’s sitting with Nancy Pelosi promoting that global warming hoax, but you fail to mention that Newt also worked hand-in-hand with Hillary Clinton to push through health care legislation back in 2005 and more recently he’s been going around with Al Sharpton to promote educational reform.

Oh, and by the way, Lindsay Graham and John McCain both believe that we desperately need to fix global warming . . . er, um . . . make that “climate change.”

How many times do we have to get burned by the Grand Old Party before we’ll come to our senses and realize there is nothing we can do to change it. And to heck with being an “independent,” that just means you sit on a fence . . . which I don’t.

I’m sick of this crap. I’m switching to the Constitution Party.

Special K on October 17, 2009 at 10:40 AM

MadisonConservative. I’m guessing it’s a WordPress error related to the upgrade. Pretty sure they’re working on it.

Patrick Ishmael on October 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Thanks.

aengus on October 17, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I’ll play devil’s advocate here: can an honest-to-goodness conservative win in that district? Or does the GOP need to field candidates who can actually WIN those left leaning seats and possibly convert the new electees to the ways of conservatism down the line?

Sanger is a non-issue, IMHO, unless Dede Scozzofava actually endorses privately or publicly the views that woman held. If that is the case, then such knowledge should be brought out in the light for public scrutiny.

While I dream of a viable third party that is conservative to its core, our only hope at this point is to remake the GOP into that party. If Reagan could do it, sure we can as well…

itzWicks on October 17, 2009 at 9:00 AM

The Conservative Party was created in New York State in 1962 because the state GOP has chronically decided well before the fact that conservative candidates can’t win there. While there’s no doubt there are certain areas where a conservative in the state is going to have all kinds of problems, when you look at the current environment, October 2009 is not October 2008, but the state’s Republicans are acting as if the big media down in NYC is right and we’re still dealing with an Obama-Biden juggernaut. The NYS GOP is like a long-suffering football team that doesn’t believe in their main game-plan to beat their rival, and has to resort to trick plays to try and get the job done.

And, just as a Two Degrees of Separation type of thing — The same thing that’s happening in this race happened back in 1970, with the New York State Senate race, only in that one, the conservative candidate was William F. Buckley’s brother, James, who won a three-way race for the Senate seat. The Republican he was running against, who was deemed too liberal by most of the state’s GOP voters, had a son who was in the news this week, involving another incident that conservatives aren’t too happy about.

jon1979 on October 17, 2009 at 10:43 AM

obladioblada on October 17, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Thanks for the clarification. Would I be going out on a limb thinking that our current situation could have snowballed from her earlier crusades? If not, she still doesn’t seem like a person whose name on an award would be something I could or would covet.

Cindy Munford on October 17, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I believe that she was a driving force in getting us where we are today (but if it wasn’t her, it would have been someone else.) She’s the patron saint of Planned Parenthood.

If you happen to agree with her views (I don’t), she’s a feminist icon– a passionate and indefatigable advocate who took on culture and the legal system to bring out her changes. Her first newsletter “The Woman Rebel” is a beautiful example of a radical, feminist, socialist screed (think of the anarchist posters on street corners). If you also exam her friendships with the NYC avant garde and intellectuals and her reputed affairs with Havelock Ellis and H.G. Wells, she has a certain Che-like chic.

obladioblada on October 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I’m surprised at Newt, maybe I shouldn’t be but I am.

beachgirlusa on October 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Newton Leroy McPherson-Gingrich has no place in the modern Republican party. Seems to me like he’s just trying to ride the tea parties’ coattails to another election victory.

He had his chance back in 1994, along with Joe Scarborough and Dick Armey and co. There is nothing Newt has to say anymore that I will take seriously. Pretty words, yes, but sit down and shut up Newt. We don’t need you anymore.

gryphon202 on October 17, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Yikes.

The way the GOP is acting, they’re basically forcing a third party run.

Norwegian on October 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I’m all for a big tent, but a Margaret Sanger award should disqualify this twit for memebership in the human race.

Laura in Maryland on October 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM

obladioblada on October 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I guess that’s how the liberal overlook the racism. More of their ends justifying the means. In a perfect world birth control would have been considered the end of abortion.

Cindy Munford on October 17, 2009 at 11:01 AM

MadCon— Great post, Bro.

Mad props from a fellow badger…

W/r/t the rinos… might we apply some of Sanger’s principles (politically) to rid ourselves, at last, or this cancer? The “big tenters” are delusional if they think the R party should emulate the brainless, Godless, spineless, clueless Statist party currently running us off a damned cliff.
We don’t need a big tent, we need to cleanse the rolls.

roscopico on October 17, 2009 at 11:04 AM

We have to face the fact that Newt has had most of us fooled for a long time. He loves to place himself behind some lectern high up on some stage where he can look “down” at the uninformed. Then he’ll rattle on and on spewing all sorts of stats and really say nothing. Newt is always too eager to walk across the isle and sit at the table of compromise with the Constitution-hating left. Newt is a McCain style moderate, make now mistake. And Newts 1st loyalty is the GOP – not the Conservative Movement.
Thanks MadisonCon for exposing another of Newts dark facets. DD

Darvin Dowdy on October 17, 2009 at 11:04 AM

What do you think the Tea Party is all about? The rank and file have figured out that the RNC is clueless about what the real issues are. Further, the coveted Independent voter has figured out that the Republicans that run the party don’t have any principles and become Democrats once elected. Lindsey Graham anyone? So they might as well vote for the real Democrats.

pgrossjr on October 17, 2009 at 11:17 AM

WTF Newt has been neutered, We need some people with balls and backbone, That will spend more time in their districts and states. We need term limits on our own. You can tell me we can’t find more than one person out of a district that can stay honest for 2 to 4 years and then go back to being a real person.

uber on October 17, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Yikes.

The way the GOP is acting, they’re basically forcing a third party run.

Norwegian on October 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater – here’s the facts …

1. 90% of House Republicans refused to contribute to this woman’s campaign.

2. Mike Pence, Chairman of the House Republican Conference has refused to endorse her.

3. The National Republican Senatorial Committee infused a six digit sum into her campaign recently because she was losing ground to Hoffman and her campaign was broke.

Of the three facts above – only the last one seems troubling to me. It’s clear CONSERVATIVES have control of the majority of the party but the NRCC is the fly in the ointment.

Let’s put a face on those flies shall we. Target these guys for removal from office. GET THEM OUT!

Why should we walk away from the GOP and leave all our money with the RINO’s? That’s our money the NRCC is giving to Liberals and we need to take our money back.

First step is – don’t throw any more good money after bad – don’t give the NRCC any more money. And don’t give the NRSC or the RNC any either because they do exactly the same.

First step – no more money for them.

Second step – get them out of leadership in the NRCC. This will happen NEXT YEAR after the congressional elections I assure you.

Don’t walk away from your money by moving to a third party.

TAKE YOUR MONEY BACK

TAKE YOUR PARTY BACK.

HondaV65 on October 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM

And this is why I’m a registered Independent.

I can’t stand any party. I judge each candidate based upon their merits. The GOP is dem-light these days and the Dems are just total marxist wackjobs.

bridgetown on October 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM

This is why I give to Candidates and NOT the Party. This makes me sick. GOP is stuck on stupid.

IowaWoman on October 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Remember, it was the CT law against contraception that the SCOTUS struck down that emboldened Bernarde Nathanson et al to go after the abortion laws, resulting in Roe. (Nathanson repented, as has Norma McCorvey, as y’all know.)

Plus, as has been pointed out, the Sanger Award is bloody from Planned Barrenhood’s filthy hands, which Newt has now rubbed on his shirt, and for what?

Nice job, Madison.

Akzed on October 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Nice job, Madison.

Akzed on October 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM

For political expedience, Akzed. I think Newt’s in for a big surprise if he thinks he can claim any sort of success for these Tea Parties.

gryphon202 on October 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Hey!!! RNC, RNCC, Gingrich….. WTF!!!!! Newt, go back and sit on Pelosi’s couch and be quiet.

ultracon on October 17, 2009 at 1:03 PM

So…we have a two party political system, and both of our political parties are fu©king insane.

Who’s idea was this?

Jaibones on October 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Anyone know where we can write to share our thought with Neut?

Jaibones on October 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Most abortion clinics are located in black or hispanic areas… it’s not an award I would ever be proud to receive… and one I would certainly never work to earn…those who have should be ashamed but they don’t get it…

Just donated to Hoffman too!

CCRWM on October 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Yeah the negative eugenics movement (limiting reproduction) was the ideological father of Nazism.

So yeah, facts are stubborn things.

jhffmn on October 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM

An uncomfortable percentage of the GOP are little more than RINO’s. Newt’s sellout should not be a surprise, in fact, you can expect a wave of troubling sellouts going forward.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The so called Republicans probably view the situation as being; if you’re not at the table, you’re dinner. So, with that in mind, they will be positioning themselves to take part in the feast rather than being the feast. Who will be served you might ask, I’m afraid that it is us that will be feasted upon.

Washington D.C. has become so corrupt, and the self-designated elites so entrenched, that the situation is not going to be solved at the polls, to believe so is delusional. You should be preparing yourself for the titanic struggle that is coming. It is going to be nasty.

mrpeabody on October 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Great job Madison!

Ooh, I don’t like that Newt. Hated him when I was a Lib, hate him now.

(Loved your Godfather play on words, LOL!)

Gob on October 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM

If Newt, as a newly baptized Catholic, endorsed this Nazi, he is pure s**t.

And to think I let him sign my Palin poster.

Please post the link that confirms his endorsement please so I don’t have a stroke for no reason.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Third party is looking better ever day.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM

mrpeabody on October 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I agree. Riots and violence will come at some point. Only a matter of time as the Dems and Obama destroy the economy and then food and fuel prices go up and tension builds.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Here ya go, with my condolences.

MadisonConservative on October 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Yikes.

The way the GOP is acting, they’re basically forcing a third party run.

Norwegian on October 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I’m beginning to think that maybe they are deliberately doing this.

I’ll be happy with a third-party. It will be worth it to pull in libertarians/conservatives/Constitutionalists and then watch the GOP go the way of the Whigs and disappear in 10 years or less.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 1:57 PM

When I think of Newt, my mind turns to Hyman Roth, not Fredo. As in, “Your father did business with Hyman Roth. And your father respected Hyman Roth. But your father never trusted Hyman Roth.”

NCC on October 17, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Here ya go, with my condolences.

MadisonConservative on October 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM

What he just did is a serious SIN. Granted Hoffman is not a Republican, but in the NY Conservative Party. Newt did not have to endorse this harpy.

He is now going the way of the other Brooks, Frum crowd.

They won’t stand on principle and then persuade people to their side.

They continue to cave in.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:01 PM

NO. Don’t call the new party the Conservative Party.

Buy the name rights for:

The LIBERTY PARTY

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Newt had his time and now it’s time for a real conservative to come forward.

yoda on October 17, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Yep.

There are two things mentioned by others here I did not know about Newt.

He’s now dead to me.

Looks like its just Sarah and Jim DeMint left.

Third-party, all the way. Now is when you strike and get the country back to a two-party system WITHOUT any GOP anymore.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM

This is one of the MANY MANY reasons I’m no longer registered Republican. (Tho, it was Shamnesty that pushed me out the door for good.)

And as to Gingrich, he broke my heart YEARS ago. Haven’t trusted him in years.

tickleddragon on October 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Don’t give your money to the RNCC or the RNSC.

I have not given them any money since during last year’s campaign and I only give to SarahPAC.

Give them ZERO money and let them know why.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I am only a Republican today because Sarah is. That is solely so I can vote for her in the GOP primary in my state.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Bleeds Blue on October 17, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Butt out BB. This is a family discussion so STFU!!!

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM

The GOP is the answer to reestablishing our Constitutional foundation! Believe!

/sarc

True_King on October 16, 2009 at 11:14 PM

FIFY

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Doug, meet Sarah. Sarah, this is Doug.

Mr. Wednesday Night on October 17, 2009 at 12:08 AM

God, I hope she does put in an appearance so she can stand by her OWN WORDS that she would campaign for like-minded candidates.

Sapwolf on October 17, 2009 at 2:26 PM

This is the John McCainification of the Republican Party.

Michael Steele was the WORST POSSIBLE person for Chairman of the GOP. I told you all then and I am telling you now.

This wing of the Republican Party will keep us in constant minority status.

Elizabetty on October 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Ok, things aren’t always as they seem to appear. Fortunately for us, MadCon unabashedly removes the skew. This particular skew is about republicans that use abortion ideals as they see fit rather than have an honest position about the inhumanity of it. Nothing to see here. Move along. The real fun is looking at the fools who have no idea they are supporting abortion.

Has your local or favorite politician raced for the cure?

ericdijon on October 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM