Green Room

Not CHICAGO

posted at 10:45 am on October 2, 2009 by

The IOC blew past the Windy City.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Barbara, thank you for making my day! It’s cold as witch’s teat her (damned global warming!), and this news just filled me with warmth. I am surprised frankly that they decided this quickly. And to think the One and the Onette made such great sacrifices. I guess cosmic justice does exist.

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Howard: it’s never a good idea to go as Big Bird if you’re not Big Bird.

I think Barry should send over those leftover Greek columns from his nomination to Mayor Daley as a little “thinking of you” consolation prize.

Drudge headline: The Ego Has Landed.

Barbara on October 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Barbara, I just read at The Corner: It’s racism! I should feel right at home.

P.S. I love the Drudge headline!

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I say it’s time to start bombing stuff.

CK MacLeod on October 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM

CK, by stuff I hope you mean the Commentary website for attempting to destroy ZC. (Let’s just make sure J.E. is out of the building.)

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Well, we can bomb them, too, but if the International Community of Know-Betterists are going to reject our Truly Great Leaders, I think we should lash out angrily in ways that we know piss them off. Who could blame us for blowing off some righteous steam (other than the people who obviously don’t like us anyway)?

Oh, and boo-hoo, too.

Though frankly I’m already anticipating all the HD thong and zero-kini “human interest” pieces in 2016.

CK MacLeod on October 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Gee, does this mean that Olbermann will be selecting the IOC as the WORST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD tonight for their quick and rapid rejection of The One and his greatness?

pilamaye on October 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM

It’s tanga time at the O-games.

I think that Oprah shoulda brought Dr. Oz and Marianne Robinson for some “feel good” time with the IOC.

Someone on NRO: “The first time the Daley Machine *lost* a rigged election.

Barbara on October 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yes. Plus (as noted at the Corner) this shows they’re racists.

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM

As a life-long Chicagoan– thank you IOC!!!!

ProfShade on October 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM