Green Room

Not CHICAGO

posted at 10:45 am on October 2, 2009 by

The IOC blew past the Windy City.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Barbara, thank you for making my day! It’s cold as witch’s teat her (damned global warming!), and this news just filled me with warmth. I am surprised frankly that they decided this quickly. And to think the One and the Onette made such great sacrifices. I guess cosmic justice does exist.

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Howard: it’s never a good idea to go as Big Bird if you’re not Big Bird.

I think Barry should send over those leftover Greek columns from his nomination to Mayor Daley as a little “thinking of you” consolation prize.

Drudge headline: The Ego Has Landed.

Barbara on October 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Barbara, I just read at The Corner: It’s racism! I should feel right at home.

P.S. I love the Drudge headline!

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I say it’s time to start bombing stuff.

CK MacLeod on October 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM

CK, by stuff I hope you mean the Commentary website for attempting to destroy ZC. (Let’s just make sure J.E. is out of the building.)

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Well, we can bomb them, too, but if the International Community of Know-Betterists are going to reject our Truly Great Leaders, I think we should lash out angrily in ways that we know piss them off. Who could blame us for blowing off some righteous steam (other than the people who obviously don’t like us anyway)?

Oh, and boo-hoo, too.

Though frankly I’m already anticipating all the HD thong and zero-kini “human interest” pieces in 2016.

CK MacLeod on October 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Gee, does this mean that Olbermann will be selecting the IOC as the WORST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD tonight for their quick and rapid rejection of The One and his greatness?

pilamaye on October 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM

It’s tanga time at the O-games.

I think that Oprah shoulda brought Dr. Oz and Marianne Robinson for some “feel good” time with the IOC.

Someone on NRO: “The first time the Daley Machine *lost* a rigged election.

Barbara on October 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yes. Plus (as noted at the Corner) this shows they’re racists.

Howard Portnoy on October 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM

As a life-long Chicagoan– thank you IOC!!!!

ProfShade on October 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Top Pick

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM
Top Pick

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”