Green Room

Breitbart: Prepare for a “blockbuster” “from left field” next week; Update: It’s the NEA; Update: A Buffy Wicks twofer

posted at 10:31 am on September 19, 2009 by

Below is what appears to be the full interview of Andrew Breitbart from yesterday’s Savage Nation radio broadcast. I’ve cued up the relevant portion, which is in Part 2; just press play.

Speculation? I would guess he’s got something on SEIU, but given the union’s close relationship with ACORN, that may not fit the “from left field” bill. Other guesses?

UpdateBuffy Wicks? That name has popped up in the comments stemming from a comment/photo posted by Iowahawk — who says he’s talked to Breitbart about the revelation — at the Ace of Spades blog. Quoth Iowahawk:

Heheheh. I talked to Breitbart on the phone last night. Seriously. It’s gonna be good.

I have no idea what this is about now. She was connected to the Obama campaign, particularly in Missouri, and has worked with the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, formerly part of the AFL-CIO. A Google search of her name has this video as the top hit:

From the YouTube description:

Buffy Wicks, the Presidential Inaugural Committee’s Director of National Service Day, introduces USAservice.org.

Visit the site today and sign up to host or attend a service event on January 19th as part of President-elect Obama’s call to “Renew America Together.”

Could be anything.

Update: Or… the NEA. Even before Wicks’s name came up, Patterico had a guess, and it appears at this point to be a very good one.

If I were a betting man, I’d be betting big that the upcoming bombshell will relate to the NEA. You read it here first.

And then, there’s this:

Pardon me? The taxpayer-funded NEA is trying to recruit sympathetic artists to push the Obama agenda? Yes, it sounds wacky, and it sounded wacky to Courrielche, too. “Artists shouldn’t be used as tools of the state to help create a climate amenable to their positions, which is what appears to be happening in this instance,’’ Courrielche wrote in an Internet post. Speaking on the phone, he explained in greater detail how the organizers – NEA communications director Yosi Sargent, a promoter of Shepard Fairey’s famous “Hope’’ poster; Buffy Wicks, a former Obama field organizer now with the White House Office of Public Engagement, and three others – “said we had the ability to shape the people around us.’’

I wonder what Breitbart has that’s new.

Update: I hope Patterico made a few bets, because I think he’s about to get a payout.

At the very least, filmmaker James O’Keefe and actress Hannah Giles deserve a Pulitzer Prize for their expose of deep corruption and unspeakable immorality at the ACORN housing division. But more important, I won’t rest until they receive a grant to continue their partisan artistry from the National Endowment for the Arts.

That’s this week’s mission.

BigGovernment’s “Pre-Game Report” is here. Also, regarding Pulitzers… I agree.

Update: The new post is up. Looks like administration involvement in the politicization of the NEA was greater than first thought/admitted, but will this translate into a blockbuster scandal? Stay tuned.

Update: Oof. It’s a Buffy Wicks twofer, with the first post on her involvement with the NEA and the second her involvement with… wait for it… ACORN. And it’s her Union connections (which I noted above) that get her in trouble there.

United Food & Commercial Workers (UFCW) union bosses have paid ACORN over a half-a-million dollars.  While Wicks coordinated UFCW sponsored Wakeup’s “political” organizing campaign, UFCW bragged about its coordination with ACORN.  UFCW also coordinated numerous voter registrations with ACORN.

It’s also worth a read.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’m guessing their # 1 video will be the Chicago office where someone brags about ACORN’s relationship with Obama.

PatMac on September 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I like Michael Savage (Weiner). I also like Glenn Beck, but I think sometimes Beck gets credit for breaking news that Savage had covered months before. Savage was talking about Van Jones and what his appointment meant to the administration at least as far back as March. Savage also mentioned the Soros connection long, long ago.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see what’s in store next week.

Daggett on September 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM

a direct link to Obama’s inner circle and Acorn. A big fish from the Chicago days.

rob verdi on September 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM

The BEST thing those two young film makers did was to hook up with Breitbart. He absolutely knows how to play this. If not for that, the videos, while stunning, would have blazed out in a matter of days.

Catherine Wilkinson on September 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Please, please have some ‘big names’ named on the new video’s! I am so looking forward to seeing the new ones.
L

letget on September 19, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Beck had hinted that they had something big coming. I look forward to seeing and hearing them expose the corruption in WA. IF we could just get rid of the corruption, then we could get We the People back!

texasconserv on September 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I hope Roland Burris has a nice weekend thinking about this.

a capella on September 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM

So ,the Acorn tapes was just the aperitif.

the_nile on September 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I’m not in the US currently and I don’t get FOX where I’m at. What was Megyn Kelly’s big suprise that was coming? …or hasn’t is been reported yet?

JetBlast on September 19, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Awwwright. Here it is. Here’s what Beck is leading up to. Start at 3:50. To paraphrase:

ACORN is not just some organization that has fallen into corruption. The story here is not about aiding pimpers to traffick in South American children for sex slaves.

The story that everyone is missing is that ACORN’s mission is to aid and abet criminal activity as a means of allowing the lower class to overthrow the system.

Once that’s made clear, Beck-Breitbart will show Obama’s complicity, and that his complicity was with full knowledge of ACORN’s mission. Curtains for the Bamster.

petefrt on September 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM

PatMac on September 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I think you are on the right track…

katy on September 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM

clip #1 at 3:50

ACORN is a Cloward-Piven subversive organization, as I expect the ACORN training program demonstrates. Just waiting for Beck-Breibart to put the spotlight on ACORN training.

Barry knows this, as he was once chief ACORN trainer for Chicago area. So he’s complicit.

The notion that ACORN merely stumbled into corruption is naive, if not disingenuous.. ACORN is designed to overthrow the system by the Cloward-Piven strategy of flooding and overwhelming it.

petefrt on September 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM

katy on September 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Right, but even before that, we know Obama (before being its attorney) was chief trainer for ACORN in the Chicago area.

petefrt on September 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Well honestly I don’t think we can even guess. Who would have thought the exposee on ACORN would be Latina Child Sex-slave smuggling with federal dollars? Not me. I’m still stunned at the depravity of it all.

I hope it is the SEIU…

petunia on September 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Andrew Breitbart needs to have a show on Fox. Glenn Beck would be a good replacement for BOR and AB could do the current GB slot.

fourdeucer on September 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Regrettably I think we are wishful thinking. Obama will have made certain to keep himself comfortably distant from any future repercussions of his actions.

johnsteele on September 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I will say that Andrew Breitbart and company are simply genius. They have played this like a fine violin and if they accomplish no more than driving a nail into the brain of ACORN it will have been a major accomplishment. If there is more devastating news then that will be icing on the cake.

johnsteele on September 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Oh man, I can’t wait.

p0s3r on September 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Perhaps Obama’s lying on the bar exam about his association with ACORN is the reason he lost his law license?

erp on September 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I remember asking Ed if he thought that the libs intentionally set a bomb when they starting pushing for banks to make risky loans. I have a friend who thinks I’m a conspiracy theorist for considering this, but I’m not sure what to think about it. It’s quite simply ILLOGICAL to think that people who can’t afford loans, should take them out anyway.

But as to Acorns involvement in this check this out (which is not shown on their current website (unless you do a search):

What has ACORN done?

COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT
Negotiated landmark agreements with banks in St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Boston, Bridgeport, New York City, Jersey City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Denver, Little Rock, New Orleans, Chicago, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Brooklyn, Des Moines, Dallas and Washington, D.C., making over a billion dollars available for loans in low-income neighborhoods. Blocked the gutting of the federal Community Reinvestment Act. Forced Fannie Mae to establish a precedent-setting program to buy community reinvestment mortgages.

therightscoop on September 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Daggett on September 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM
If I remember correctly, Michael Savage is the first one to use the term Compassionate Conservative. He is also been rock steady on securing the borders.

fourdeucer on September 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I am believing in the vast Left conspiracy to bring down the country from within. I am shocked. But I can’t deny what is right in front of my eyes.

These are Americans born with all the freedom of 20th century America and they want to go back to the feudal system of Communism. It is so shocking that we haven’t exposed them before.

petunia on September 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Andrew Breitbart needs to have a show on Fox.

fourdeucer on September 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Good idea, unless he prefers to build his own boat and then row it himself. AB’s star is definitely on the rise.

Plus he’s good on the air. Sometimes he subs for Dennis Miller, and while I like Dennis, I like Brietbart’s show better.

I get the feeling that Breitbart’s heavy into the behind-the-scenes action too. Wouldn’t surprise me if he and Rush were cooking up some things on the QT.

petefrt on September 19, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I hope Roland Burris has a nice weekend thinking about this.

a capella on September 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I hope all involved are wearing Depends right now because they can’t stop crapping themselves.

4shoes on September 19, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I like the way Breitbart says, “I can only deal with the issue at hand.”

Spirit of 1776 on September 19, 2009 at 11:32 AM

johnsteele on September 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I am hoping that too. But I remember saying exactly the same thing about Sarah Palin and how well the roll out was done… It was a good couple of weeks then the left figured out how to bring that down… lies of course.

We aren’t dealing with straight shooters here. They will do and say anything to get their way.

petunia on September 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Everybody repeat after me:

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

J.J. Sefton on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

What has ACORN done?

COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT

therightscoop on September 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM

But but…. why do you hate poor people so! The Right wing hates poor people and will do or say anything to keep them down and out! /sarc

petunia on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Catherine Wilkinson on September 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM

The exact same thought has crossed my mind, too. Breitbart is leveraging this wonderfully. It’s good see some conservatives (even if not ones in office) finally starting to play a little hardball.

Blacklake on September 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

JetBlast on September 19, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Rathke Interview

batterup on September 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Wonder what the “Tums” bill is for the White House this month?

GarandFan on September 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM

that may not fit the “from left field” bill. Other guesses?

No clue, but you have to admit, Andy has been on a roll lately, and given the great sense of timing he has shown…Hmmm.

JusDreamin on September 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Everybody repeat after me:

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

J.J. Sefton on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Stop J.J., your are scaring me, what if Joe couldnt serve?
I need a tums.

JusDreamin on September 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

IS ANDREW BRIETBART THE NEW DANIEL ELLSBERG?

I know … it’s an extreme comparison. But the fact is … Brietbart is becoming just as big a problem for the White House and the Democrats as Ellsberg was to the Nixon White House and supporters of the Vietnam War were.

It may not be long before the administration or someone on the left strikes against Brietbart.

I hope he’s got his back covered. He’s a brave man.

HondaV65 on September 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM

The clues are “big,” “out of left field” and not necessarily related to ACORN. So far the ACORN revelations have come out of Maryland and southern California. I could see the next bombshell being corruption related to illegal immigration, but I prefer not to guess.

John Stossel is getting a weekly show on Fox and I think Breitbart would be a good partner for him. Together they could bring back investigative journalism, which the MSM have long ago abandoned. It would be helpful if somebody like Breitbart would get to the bottom of Obama’s birth certificate controversy to have it firmly and finally settled.

Terrie on September 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I would hope the end objective, is to wreck the sources of power for the corrupt democrat party.

ACORN was an excellent start, but they need to destroy the SEIU, the NEA, AFL-CIO, most if not all the MSM, government unions of all stripes, and finally the trial lawyers.

Without those, the playing field is more or less level, in the marketplace of ideas conservatives will always win all else being equal.

Rebar on September 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Pray for James and Hannah. These two are becoming enemy number one to Obama and ACORN.

JellyToast on September 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I hope this new story breaks Monday morning dominating the news cycle right after BO’s media blitz.

Bulldogger on September 19, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Stop J.J., your are scaring me, what if Joe couldnt serve?
I need a tums.
JusDreamin on September 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I’d sleep a lot better at night if Biden was President. Yes, he’s a complete goofball, but he’s not a dangerous radical like The Kenyan. Biden’s most ambitious policy initiative would be making sure everyone knows how to tie their shoelaces and, after nine months of Nobama, I can live with that.

joejm65 on September 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Savage didn’t know who Wade Rathke is?!?

Disturb the Universe on September 19, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Why did Breitbart go on Savage? Was he trying to get this story out there any way he can, or was he just being charitable? Savage does not have the best reputation, due to his mercurial temperment. Yes he badmouths the rest of the radio right, but they should have come to his defence on the Banned In Britain issue (though I can see why they did not).

pseudonominus on September 19, 2009 at 12:09 PM

How about an old video of one of Barry’s training sessions for ACORN…

better get some more popcorn and butter…

phreshone on September 19, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Lets hope the American people start listening to this. For most of the people I talk to this is over their head. It is so sad.

chacker on September 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I’m waiting with baited breath. Right wingers can read too.

Just like Patton said of Rommel, “I read your book!”

Mojave Mark on September 19, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I am reading “Rules for Racicals” also.

chacker on September 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM

You know there has to be some video of Obama himself together with some of his ‘friends’….how about that video that you know exists somewhere of Obama in J. Wright’s church as the Rev. is giving one of his rants and Obama is seen clapping????

tatersalad on September 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Daggett on September 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I hear ya. Trevor Loudon of New Zeal broke the Van Jones story before anyone, but I don’t think Beck has ever given him credit for it.

Buy Danish on September 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Obama is such a fraud. It is sad that the first “Black” president had to be such a fraud.

chacker on September 19, 2009 at 12:20 PM

PatMac on September 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM

It’s beginning to look a lot like Fitzmas

Jorge Bonilla on September 19, 2009 at 12:21 PM