Green Room

Breitbart: Prepare for a “blockbuster” “from left field” next week; Update: It’s the NEA; Update: A Buffy Wicks twofer

posted at 10:31 am on September 19, 2009 by

Below is what appears to be the full interview of Andrew Breitbart from yesterday’s Savage Nation radio broadcast. I’ve cued up the relevant portion, which is in Part 2; just press play.

Speculation? I would guess he’s got something on SEIU, but given the union’s close relationship with ACORN, that may not fit the “from left field” bill. Other guesses?

UpdateBuffy Wicks? That name has popped up in the comments stemming from a comment/photo posted by Iowahawk — who says he’s talked to Breitbart about the revelation — at the Ace of Spades blog. Quoth Iowahawk:

I have no idea what this is about now. She was connected to the Obama campaign, particularly in Missouri, and has worked with the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, formerly part of the AFL-CIO. A Google search of her name has this video as the top hit:

From the YouTube description:

Buffy Wicks, the Presidential Inaugural Committee’s Director of National Service Day, introduces USAservice.org.

Visit the site today and sign up to host or attend a service event on January 19th as part of President-elect Obama’s call to “Renew America Together.”

Could be anything.

Update: Or… the NEA. Even before Wicks’s name came up, Patterico had a guess, and it appears at this point to be a very good one.

If I were a betting man, I’d be betting big that the upcoming bombshell will relate to the NEA. You read it here first.

And then, there’s this:

Pardon me? The taxpayer-funded NEA is trying to recruit sympathetic artists to push the Obama agenda? Yes, it sounds wacky, and it sounded wacky to Courrielche, too. “Artists shouldn’t be used as tools of the state to help create a climate amenable to their positions, which is what appears to be happening in this instance,’’ Courrielche wrote in an Internet post. Speaking on the phone, he explained in greater detail how the organizers – NEA communications director Yosi Sargent, a promoter of Shepard Fairey’s famous “Hope’’ poster; Buffy Wicks, a former Obama field organizer now with the White House Office of Public Engagement, and three others – “said we had the ability to shape the people around us.’’

I wonder what Breitbart has that’s new.

Update: I hope Patterico made a few bets, because I think he’s about to get a payout.

At the very least, filmmaker James O’Keefe and actress Hannah Giles deserve a Pulitzer Prize for their expose of deep corruption and unspeakable immorality at the ACORN housing division. But more important, I won’t rest until they receive a grant to continue their partisan artistry from the National Endowment for the Arts.

That’s this week’s mission.

BigGovernment’s “Pre-Game Report” is here. Also, regarding Pulitzers… I agree.

Update: The new post is up. Looks like administration involvement in the politicization of the NEA was greater than first thought/admitted, but will this translate into a blockbuster scandal? Stay tuned.

Update: Oof. It’s a Buffy Wicks twofer, with the first post on her involvement with the NEA and the second her involvement with… wait for it… ACORN. And it’s her Union connections (which I noted above) that get her in trouble there.

United Food & Commercial Workers (UFCW) union bosses have paid ACORN over a half-a-million dollars.  While Wicks coordinated UFCW sponsored Wakeup’s “political” organizing campaign, UFCW bragged about its coordination with ACORN.  UFCW also coordinated numerous voter registrations with ACORN.

It’s also worth a read.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The one major flaw that seems to haunt Glenn Beck is that he has, in the recent past, had a propensity for using other people’s work, quoting without attributions. He’s caused some animosity among certain bloggers and radio talk show hosts because of that.

He did something similar to that to me during the big Stimulus Bill debate. Though he linked to my page on his web site, he didn’t mention at all that the segment he had done (reading a page of the Stim Bill and timing how long it would take to read it) he got directly from me. He went so far as to read the same page on the air I had chosen at random for my blog post and the same numbers I came up with as far as reading speed and such. He essentially recreted by entire blog post without giving me a scrap of credit, or even noting that he got the idea from a blog.

Jimmie Bise, Jr on September 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Thanks for all you do, Jimmie, but as for me, I think that
Credit infighting is something we should avoid at all costs!! We don’t have one bit of spare energy to waste on it, or to get negative with each other. The unbelievable scale of the monster we are fighting is just beginning to show itself. While it’s nice to get credit, our nation is being burnt to the ground, with US in it! Let’s not sweat the small stuff, but all pull together before it’s too late.

May God help us all.

tigerlily on September 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM

May God help us all.
tigerlily on September 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Everything will be fine for the next few days

Look what just got started

macncheez on September 20, 2009 at 12:35 AM

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

J.J. Sefton on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

He’d be far better than Obama- as misguided as he is I don’t have to wonder if he hates this country.

But still…

*shudder*

VanPalin on September 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Thanks for all you do, Jimmie, but as for me, I think that Credit infighting is something we should avoid at all costs!!

I agree with you entirely. I think I may have chided him gently at the time, but I didn’t go after him full bore and I’m not inclined to do so. Perhaps if he does it again, I might (only because stealing is wrong, even if it is from a teeny tiny blogger like me), but I’d rather encourage him than stall him with something like a credit fight.

Jimmie Bise, Jr on September 20, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Hi Tops. I rather agree with your analysis that Breitbart is after the Dems and their media enablers.

centralcal on September 19, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Remember last October when the ****L.A. Times refused to release a video of Obama’s 2003 dinner with Rashid Khalidi?****

and Breitbart/BigGovernment have already released an unofficial employee handbook in an article by Mike Flynn called “ACORN’s Lifeblood”. (“ACORN’s lifeblood is conflict with targets outside the organization.”)

NightmareOnKStreet on September 20, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Each of us must be equally engaged in the fight to protect our nation. Phone calls, protests, letters, we must educate ourselves with the facts and not back down. Future generations are counting on us. Too many people died to provide us with such blessings. We have no right to give it up so easily.

pjean on September 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM

You forgot: BUY MORE AMMO

bill30097 on September 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM

The way things are going, I’m guessing Breitbart has video of ACORN priests carving the hearts out of Boy Scouts and offering them up to their sun god.

Tantor on September 20, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Everybody repeat after me:

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

J.J. Sefton on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Stop J.J., your are scaring me, what if Joe couldnt serve?
I need a tums.

JusDreamin on September 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Tums wouldn’t even begin to help if Biden couldn’t serve.

Breitbart may have seen a void with the loss of Novak and stepped up to the plate. Too bad he doesn’t have Novak’s sources.

Rovin on September 20, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Okay, Ace has another thread about this, and Iowahawk posted this on that thread:

12 Heheheh. I talked to Breitbart on the phone last night. Seriously. It’s gonna be good.

Posted by: iowahawk at September 20, 2009 11:21 AM (hqvM3)

Iowahawk then posted a hint; a photo of a woman who somehow is involved in this story:

No one knew who she was, and the guess was Samantha Power. Iowahawk posted one last time:

71 One last tease and then I’m out… no, the pic is not Samantha Power. Unless you are inside-DC-super-news-junkie, tomorrow will probably be the first time you’ve heard of her. No, it has nothing to do with “personal life” scandals.

yogi41 on September 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Someone figured out Iowahawk’s hint and photo:

133 Iowahawks photo: Buffy Wicks.

The people running the conference call and rallying the group to get active on these issues were Yosi Sergant, the Director of Communications for the National Endowment for the Arts; Buffy Wicks, Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement; Nell Abernathy, Director of Outreach for United We Serve; Thomas Bates, Vice President of Civic Engagement for Rock the Vote; and Michael Skolnik, Political Director for Russell Simmons.

Ta Da.

May be about the NEA or it could be about the campaign donor list, since Buffy was Obama’s Western Campaign Director.

Interesting…

yogi41 on September 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I just read that over at ACE, lots of speculation over there and no one seems to recognize the photo or at least they are not yacking if they do.

Bulldogger on September 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Everybody repeat after me:

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

J.J. Sefton on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

You say that like it’s a bad thing.
Seriously, I pray daily that Biden becomes president after Obooboo is impeached.

Blacksmith8 on September 20, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I hope this new story breaks Monday morning dominating the news cycle right after BO’s media blitz.

Bulldogger on September 19, 2009 at 12:00 PM

BigGov, are you listening? Or did somebody just guess the plan?

Blacksmith8 on September 20, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Everybody repeat after me:

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

J.J. Sefton on September 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

This would be the best thing that could ever happen. It would set the Dems and Jurassic Media back years.

PatMac on September 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Chavez got the campesinos(poor uneducated therby ignorant) in Venezuela by giving them every govenrnment entitlement he could squeeze out. He got them riled up by telling them how the middle and upper classes were stealing their opportunities to succeed. Once in power he very quickly moved to nationalize Co’s and to “give more” to the campesinos. Camnpesinos out number the middle and upper classes and they vote to keep Chavez. Obama and his ilk are trying to do the same here. If they can get permanent power by having the majority of the population dependent on them they will.

Obama is evil and he is accompanied by just as evil people. I have always thought that this election was a lot closer if not out right stolen. The Democrats made a major push to elect Democrat Secretary of States to cover for them if and when ACORN got caught… Michel Malkin did a lot to warn us about ACORN and voter fraud during the election… I think we all need to wake up to the reality that we are in a civil war…it’s just that the shooting hasn’t started yet…

CCRWM on September 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM

vera baker?

bill & tom ayers?

eric holder/bpp?

reliapundit on September 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Next week? Nancy’s tears have me wondering………….

Robert17 on September 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Don’t know nothing about Obama “losing his law license”, but the Illinois ARDC (licensing agency) only showed Michelle Obama as holding a license. Then, all of a sudden, Barack’s name pops up in the listing, showing “Voluntarily retired and not authorized to practice law.” Was this added to answer the “rumors”?

Skipper50 on September 20, 2009 at 3:34 PM

f.w.i.w., Buffy Wicks works for Obama’s Office of Public Engagement (OPE), where Valerie Jarrett reigns supreme. All that’s left of HOPE?

Buy Danish on September 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Tops – yoohoo. If you are still about, reading this thread, Clarice and I have some questions and we need you.

SOS ::grin::

centralcal on September 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM

And he’s too darn smart to go on BOR. Why would he want to be talked over while Billy bloviates?

Knucklehead on September 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM

My Grandmother and I have been wondering about BOR for some time now. He seems to be…well to put it nicely well off his game as of late. I nearly threw my remote through the tv the other day after the (what is it, the 3rd or 4th time?) he’s said that there were only 60 or 70,000 people to attend the march and protest in D.C. Do you think someones got something on him or some possible threat against him? He seems to have been castrated(sp?) to the point of no return at the moment.

roopster217 on September 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Its about the NEA, Breitbart has a preview and new post here :

Bulldogger on September 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I’m sorry, but “Buffy Wicks”?

You can’t make up a name like that.

JEM on September 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM

roopster217 on September 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Roopster, I think O’Reilly has lost touch with “the folks” as he calls them since he quit his radio show. He has very little use for information from blogs/internet and without daily interaction with “real America”, I am afraid he has reverted to an insular bubble.

That or he just wants to keep appearing “cool” in hopes of another Obama interview. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were BOR.

Greyledge Gal on September 21, 2009 at 6:35 AM

Let’s just keep pulling on that string and see what starts to unwind.

This is what real “investigative reporters” used to do in the ‘old days’. Now they just sit at the feet of THE ONE and ask “What can we do to help?”.

GarandFan on September 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM