Green Room

Racists? It’s the guilt, Stupid!

posted at 1:55 pm on September 17, 2009 by

I, for one, richly savor the rank hypocrisy getting lectured on race by America’s Disgrace…he who once referred to the Palestinians as the (n-bomb)s within the context of ethnic oppression (with Israel as Whitey, natch).  Now, while much has been written about President Fail, I want to address what lies beneath the wild accusations of racism which President Epic Fail’s supporters carry around in their pockets and Hermes clutches like so many nickels and dimes.

We now know that submission has replaced dissent as the highest form of patriotism.  We have also learned that this “racism” is the new manifestation of non-patriotism…and “racist” has supplanted “you’re either for us or for the terrorists” in the national lexicon.  Interestingly enough, the same Left that howled bloody murder at being called al-Qaida sympathizers is now all too content to smear all dissenters with the same racist charge.  But let’s dig deeper.

I respectfully submit that this manufactured outrage is nothing more than an exercise in projection.  More than an actual accusation of racism, it is a tacit admission that race was the primary factor in their support of their paladin.  Thus, in their twisted minds, if race was their primary criteria for selecting a nominee…it follows that race must be the primary motivator behind those evil redneck teabaggers’ rejection of the President’s proposals.  Thus, MoDo imagines Joe Wilson’s “boy”, among such other knee-jerk vomitus…as if the current dreck coming out of D.C. would reek any less had it been proposed by a President John Edwards or Hillary Clinton (no, we’d all be sexists then).

No, people,  we oppose The One not because of the color of his skin…but because of the content of his character (or appalling lack thereof) as embodied by his associations, his policy positions, and his proposals.

In pushing this stupid line (and crapping all over the memory of Dr. King in the process), you have proven yourselves to be the racists.  How do I know?  It’s the projection of guilt, Stupid.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I agree with you 100%. We were told repeatedly how we would “make history”. Never mind that if we had elected McCain or Hillary we still would have made history. (For that matter you can always find something unique about your candidate to use that phrase.) They can project their guilt all they want…doesn’t touch me. I feel no guilt for what someone else might have done 7-8 generations before me!

texabama on September 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Spot on, Mr. Bonilla. Thanks for the post.

The color of Obama’s skin is one of the few things about him that I don’t find objectionable.

SheofTwoMinds on September 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM

great post. its the policys and i blame congress more than obama they are in charge of the money they write the bills and i hold them 75% resposable for this crap and the president at 25%. all presidents have had issues they wanted to address it is up to congress to put a bill out that the people want and to make sure we have a balanced budget. congress is doing a terrible job and they need to be replaced. thats not racism thats wanting the goverment to do the right thing.

larry harris on September 18, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Exactly correct.At my polling place here on the glorious east coast my children and I were greeted by open electioneering and particularly obnoxious and disruptive Obama supporters. Too make a long and tedious story short, my children begged me not to vote for Obama, I assured them I never had an intention of doing that. From the mouths of babes…

inevitable on September 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM

We now know that submission has replaced dissent as the highest form of patriotism.

Great line. Love your analysis. I would like to add that this racism narrative comes straight from the White House, despite the protest from moderate Democrats. I think they are trying to play good cop, bad cop. Poorly, I might add. Not one of Obama’s policies is as popular as he is, so what else to do but make health care all about him? Sadly, that includes skin color:

Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod know this. They know Obama won the election because he effectively convinced America that he is above politics, that he is someone the American people can trust, that he can bring change to all that is broken. These platitudes and slogans still sell better than any of Obama’s policies, including health care reform. Obama the Symbol polls better than Obama the Liberal Salesman. So they are doing everything they can to make this a referendum on Obama the Symbol.

libertyb4wealth on September 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Top Pick

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM