The Next Van Jones . . .
posted at 4:00 pm on September 15, 2009 by Howard Portnoy
. . . will be none other than Valerie Jarrett, the confidante to President Obama who is so close to him that Obama described her in July to the New York Times, as “family,” adding “I trust her completely.” (Family, eh? Isn’t that how Obama described Jeremiah Wright — as like a “crazy old uncle” — until it was time to toss him under the bus?)
Ben Johnson at FrontPageMagazine has the whole story. Highlights include:
- Jarrett’s having been the one who urged Obama to give his “race speech” in Philadelphia after the “Wright tapes” threatened to dash Obama’s campaign.
- Jarrett’s having pushed Obama to overturn his promise not to meet with lobbyists once he was elected.
- Jarrett’s having been the one to bring Van Jones to the Obama White House in the first place. Johnson at FrontPage recalls her words at the Netroots Nation conference, where she gushed, “We were so delighted to be able to recruit him into the White House. We were watching him … for as long as he’s been active out in Oakland. And all the creative ideas he has. And so now, we have captured that, and we have all that energy in the White House.”
Other points of charm include Jarrett’s having ties to the radical Students for a Democratic Society and, ultimately, Bill Ayers, the man to whom all radical roads seem to wind.
So far, the American people have been willing to take Obama at his word when he disowned people who were “like family” to him, including his grandmother, who literally was family to him. How many more people does Obama get to throw under the bus (it’s getting awfully crowded under there) before Americans declare that he is not the man they thought they were voting for?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen