What the founders never envisioned
posted at 5:56 pm on September 8, 2009 by directorblue
Compare and contrast:
The wages and benefits of private workers pale in comparison to those of government workers. And the vast majority of government workers belong to public sector unions like the SEIU, which impede the operation of traditional human resources practices: probationary periods, merit-based advancements, terminations for cause, etc. Many are unaccountable bureaucrats operating their own personal fiefdoms.
Unemployment is still on the rise, currently estimated at 9.7%. And, in good times and bad, the federal government keeps growing. On borrowed money, with taxpayers footing the bill for principal and interest.
The federal bureaucracy is an out-of-control juggernaut, grown far beyond the scale of anything envisioned by the founders. It’s time to slash the size of government, to slash government compensation, to right-size government spending, to slash taxes and to free up enterprise to do what it does best.
But don’t expect anything of the sort from President Ideologue and his merry band of National Socialist Democrats. They don’t believe in free enterprise, you see. They believe only in the power of government.
Update: “The Scariest Jobs Chart Ever“.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation