Green Loons: Tsunamis Are Worse Than 9/11
posted at 10:55 am on September 4, 2009 by Howard Portnoy
Below is a photo still from a video that was on YouTube until someone at the World Wild Life Fund, the organization that commissioned it, realized how utterly over-the-top it was and pulled the clip. The ostensible point of the video — if something so deranged can be said to make a point — was to show how much worse the tsunami of 2005 was than the attacks of 9/11. Never mind that tsunamis are natural disasters and events such as those that occurred on 9/11 are (to borrow a phrase from the Secretary of Homeland Security) “man-caused disasters.”
Should you have the stomach to watch it — and, viewer warning, it will make your blood boil — Ed Driscoll was able to retain a copy of the video, which he embedded at his site before it was pulled.
Cross-posted at Zombie Contentions
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation