Green Room

If You Voted for Obama, This Should Make You Proud

posted at 5:17 pm on September 2, 2009 by

Rory Cooper of the Heritage Foundation (h/t James Taranto) reports on a message posted on BarackObama.com, the Web site of Organizing for America, the Democratic National Committee’s permanent campaign. The message urges “grassroots” supporters of Obama and ObamaCare to use the occasion of 9/11 to bombard the Senate with phone calls, asking Senators to “fight back against our own Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists who are subverting the American Democratic Process, whipped to a frenzy by their Fox Propaganda Network ceaselessly re-seizing power for their treacherous leaders.”

Since its posting, the page has been pulled, though Cooper provides a screen grab. As Taranto notes, the left, which was angry when George W. Bush was still president, is still angry even though a Democrat is president and they control both houses of Congress.

Bad enough to call those who would dissent “Domestic Terrorists.” But to highjack a solemn day of remembrance to push a favored policy? There is no polite reaction that’s strong enough to express the outrage.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

And I thought Hillary was the Dem Prez contender with a tin ear….

What is the Dem malfunction that causes them to pander to the “steel doesn’t melt” faction of their base?

Mew

acat on September 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I saw when bho was running for pres and what he said he was a person that would take our Republic down the drain. I sold stocks from what he was saying if the he might be pres. Now, I was right. I did not want mccain, but voted for him AGAINST bho. I voted for mccain because of Sarah. I was right to do so. So many wanted ‘hope and change’. Now you got ‘hope and change’. What have you got? If a person who voted for bho would be honest, you did wrong to think this bho would make you above what our Founders wrote many year ago.

L

letget on September 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Bad enough to call those who would dissent “Domestic Terrorists.” But to highjack a solemn day of remembrance to push a policy you favor? There is no polite reaction in any language I know.

How about “Have you no decency?”

MadisonConservative on September 2, 2009 at 6:20 PM

How about “Have you no decency?”

Not sure that’s quite strong enough.

HowardPortnoy on September 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM

How about… oh, you said polite. Never mind.

Daggett on September 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Something along the line of STFU? Only stronger maybe? Are hand gestures allowed?

lovingmyUSA on September 3, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I especially love the “subverting the American Democratic Process” (and why the capitalization?)…talk about the pot calling the kettle! These tools think that because their party calls themselves Democrats it means anything they do is democratic. They truly live in an alternate reality.

texabama on September 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I’d counter, but my two Senators (Boxer and Feinstein) are both Democrats, and could give a rat’s behind for my opinion on the matter.

unclesmrgol on September 3, 2009 at 12:51 PM