Green Room

Where is the Outrage? Obama and Holder at War with CIA.

posted at 9:52 am on September 1, 2009 by

This editorial was in my in-box this morning, from NewsMax.  Kent Clizbe, former CIA Operations Officer provides a personal take on CIA, the War on Terror and Obama and Eric Holder’s personal war with CIA.

I offer it in its entirety…it says it all…and far better than I.

And, Kent, thank you, from one fellow officer to another.  My meager thanks can in no way make up for your own sacrifices along the way.  But, then again, none of us joined the outfit to garner recognition and thanks.  Our’s was a higher purpose.

CIA Counterterrorism Expert:  Obama and Holder ‘At War” with Agency”

Monday, August 31, 2009 7:59 PM

Kent Clizbe

“In the early days and weeks after Sept. 11, 2001, a small cadre of men (and a few women) with vast amounts of intelligence experience reported to the Langley, Va., headquarters of the CIA. These unsung heroes then were dispatched across the globe to run operations against the al-Qaida conspirators who leveled the World Trade Center and struck the nerve center of the U.S. military.

“The FBI, a domestic law enforcement agency, did not have the ability or skills needed to track down and strike the attackers overseas. The Pentagon, with F22s, nuclear aircraft carriers, intercontinental ballistic missiles, and battalions of the best armor in the history of mankind, was like an elephant attacked by a mouse — mighty, but helpless in its mammoth rage.

“Our best hope was in the hands of the gray-bearded intelligence professionals who fanned out across the world. Supplementing the skeleton crew of staff officers left in the wake of President Clinton’s anti-intelligence scourging of the CIA, the volunteers went to the Middle East, Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, to the most remote and isolated outposts in the world. Sometimes they worked with friendly forces, and sometimes they worked alone. They focused like a laser beam on one thing: Stop the next attack.

“Their mission: Seek and destroy the terrorist planners, facilitators, trainers, financiers, and their infrastructure wherever they were.

“Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, CIA officers, both the contractors and the overextended staff officers, launched dozens of initiatives. The CIA Counterterrorism Center’s motto, “Deny, Disrupt, Destroy,” became the reason for our living. We left our families for months on end and sacrificed personal and professional lives to fight the Global War on Terror (GWOT). Google “Jihadists in Paradise,” for an unauthorized account of one of my contributions (I have been advised that I can neither confirm nor deny).

“As I did my part in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Africa, my family tried to maintain a semblance of normalcy at home. My son was in eighth grade in September 2001. I did not see him graduate the next summer. I was home less than six months for each of the first three of his high school years.

“Even with my nightly phone calls, his attitude and grades plummeted in my absence. He went from a happy, engaged, charming 13-year-old with straight A’s and a focus on the future to a sullen, uncommunicative, high school flunky. I put my successful and lucrative executive recruiting business on hold for eight years. Finally, after five years of constant travel, my family sacrifice account was overdrawn. Coming home was an option for me, and I took it.

“Others did not take that option, and they sacrificed the quality of their marriages, participation in their children’s and grandchildren’s lives, the profitability of their businesses, and more. Personal and professional issues festered and rotted while they fought to keep America safe and prevented further attacks on our homeland.

“In contrast, where was Eric Holder? Before leaving President Clinton’s employ, he orchestrated the pardons of several Puerto Rican separatist terrorists. Then in 2003, as a partner in the Washington law firm of Covington & Burling, Holder’s client, Chiquita Brands, admitted paying to support terrorist death squads in Colombia and paid a $25 million fine. During the time my friends worked to disrupt and destroy terrorist networks threatening America, Holder’s firm represented — for free — 16 terrorist detainees at Guantanamo.

“Has he made any personal or professional sacrifices since his country was attacked in 2001? If he has, it is difficult to find them. When the special prosecutor comes calling, maybe someone from Covington & Burling can represent my colleagues for free, like they did for Lakhdar Boumedienne and 10 other terrorists in Gitmo.

“The Holder/Obama Global War on the CIA (GWCIA) has only just begun, as it debuted with “grisly revelations” of revving drills, gunshots in the next cell, and threats against a terrorist’s children. The GWOT is not for the faint of heart, nor the queasy. No war ever has been. There may be slight improprieties stashed in the CIA’s closets, but the liberal-appeasing GWCIA is foolhardy and dangerous.

“Mike Spann, was the first to die in the GWOT. He won’t have to worry about the Holder/Obama GWCIA. But others in the agency are very worried. While we sacrificed to achieve incremental victories, Holder and Obama plotted and schemed — not against those “evil-mongers” who killed our countrymen, but against those of us hunting the terrorists. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. The odor is not from Langley, Mr. Holder.”

Kent Clizbe is a former member of the CIA’s Directorate of Operations. In 2001, in the aftermath of Sept. 11, he returned to the CIA to serve multiple counter-terrorism deployments. In 2005, he was awarded the Intelligence Community Seal Medallion for his anti-terrorism work.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Thanks coldwarrior for this. Our nation should be so proud of our CIA and what they have done. I am so, so sorry bho and holder are scum. My heart aches for our Republic.
L

letget on September 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM

It strikes me as beyond stupid, well into suicidal, for the pols to go after the CIA.

Mew

acat on September 1, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Mew

acat on September 1, 2009 at 11:11 AM

That’s what makes it such a great distraction.

Daggett on September 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Did they misspell Mike Spann’s name on his tombstone?????

Thank you for your service, Mr. Clizbe. There ARE Americans out here who appreciate the sacrifice you and others made for all of us and are sickened by the actions of this administration.

Make no mistake. The Americans who still value their safety and security will have no illusions as to who will be to blame when we are attacked once more. We are watching and we WILL be heard when the time comes. This administration wants to prosecute those who kept us safe? Just wait and see how quick it takes us to call for prosecutions of ALL who did not.

They think the truthers and BDS nuts who called for the 9/11 Commission to hang President Bush were rabid. Ohhhh no. They ain’t seen nothin’ yet. And there won’t be any chance for Sandy Berger types to sneak docs outta the archives to hide their lies and mistakes either.

Mad Mad Monica on September 1, 2009 at 12:54 PM

from one fellow officer to another

Just as I suspected.

Thank you, sir, for doing an often thankless job, and thank you again for your cogent, insightful posts.

hillbillyjim on September 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Of all the atrocities (to date) committed by this faux administration, this one upsets me the most. I’ve been associated with the military all my life and know that this destroys morale in ALL the services, as well as the intelligence agencies. We are truly being subverted by our own leaders. As voters we should make note of all the voices not calling for an end to this.

texabama on September 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I agree it is despicable but it actually does a better job of painting the traitorous colors of the administration.

“Who sed that? Wunt me… Hadda be him sed it. I noed I sed one thing end he sed it diffrint.”

ericdijon on September 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Sums up the dangerous ignorance and activism that resides in the White House right now.

My family appreciates the he!! out of our men and women in uniform and the intel agencies that sacrificed so much to keep us safe.
But my family understands who the real enemy is…unlike Obama and Holder.

Baxter Greene on September 2, 2009 at 12:52 AM

I agree with the conclusion here, that the Obama Administration “is at war with CIA” (and with U.S. Intelligence operations), and they’re using the same methods against our Intelligence community that you have just identified there (“Deny, Disrupt, Destroy”).

This was conclusively identifiable months ago, if not years ago, as to the plan overall. Holder’s history proves where his loyalties and interests lie (just as Obama’s do) and anyone who was listening and reading knew where their loyalties lay a while ago.

Our nation is, indeed, undergoing an severe effort to captivate and conquer this republic.

Lourdes on September 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Hello, the Company: someone could just factually identify Obama’s life history as to movements, passports, citizenships and birth circumstances (including exposing the Grandfather’s having been investigated for possible treason, selling of Naval classified documents to the then-U.S.S.R., and who, really, is Obama’s biological father among other details of this Mysterious Man’s existence), and it’d go a long way to landing enemies of our nation in the federal pen.

Whatever happened, by the way, to the act of treason being intolerable? Associating with terrorists — “defending” them — seems to be worthy of closer examination in that regard, certainly does not earn qualification for to be A.G.

Lourdes on September 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM