Finding the Strength to Go On…
posted at 10:16 pm on August 26, 2009 by Slublog
This was an actual headline at MSNBC.com this evening. Amazingly enough, this is not the most gushing tribute to the late senator from Massachusetts.
So…can I imagine life without Ted Kennedy?
As a matter of fact, I can. Tonight, I will go to bed and sleep. Tomorrow, I will wake up, consume a caffeinated beverage of some sort and go to work. After work, I will go back to my house, eat dinner, spend some time with my wife and daughters, then read and/or blog before going to bed. The next morning, the cycle will start again. As hard as it may seem for those at MSNBC to believe, the chances of me thinking of Ted Kennedy in that average day are roughly 0.0%.
This may come as a shock to those in the media engaged in the deification of Kennedy, but there are likely millions of us who manage to make it through our daily routines without thinking of Ted Kennedy.
So, life without Kennedy is going to look like…well, life.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation