Speaking of being your brother’s keeper…
posted at 7:47 pm on August 19, 2009 by Laura
President Obama is now calling on people of faith to “to knock on doors, talk to neighbors, spread the facts and speak the truth” about the government health care plan about which Obama, his supporters, his cabinet, and members of Congress shamefully keep getting quoted out of context. What next, Mr. President? Are you going to claim that if government health care doesn’t pass, God will strike you dead? My favorite part of his speech is this:
“These are all fabrications that have been put out there in order to discourage people from meeting what I consider to be a core ethical and moral obligation: that is, that we look out for one another; that is, I am my brother’s keeper, I am my sister’s keeper. And in the wealthiest nation in the world right now we are neglecting to live up to that call.”
If anyone knows about neglecting to live up to the call to be his brother’s keeper, it’s Barack Obama. Way to fulfill that “core ethical and moral obligation,” Mr. President!
Added: He’s so arrogant he probably does think he’s partners with God. The senior partner.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style