Handy left-wing talking points for demonizing ObamaCare protesters
posted at 1:57 pm on August 4, 2009 by Karl
The latest attack from Lefties like MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow — and echoed in left-wing blogs — is that anti-Obamacare protesters are thugs and hooligans trying to shut down public debate. It would be easier to take that seriously, had Maddow and her ilk not laughed when someone threw a shoe at Pres. Bush. Nevertheless, as ridiculing protesters is now official White House strategy, I thought I might help the Left out with some handy talking points for attacking the opponents of government-run healthcare:
- People who want Congress to take more time debating healthcare are shutting down debate.
- Pres. Obama says the time for talk on healthcare is over, but his critics are trying to shut down debate.
- Harrassing and threatening the families of AIG employees is awesome; razzing Representatives and Senators is totally bogus!
- Asking Representatives and Senators to read bills before voting on them is killing democracy.
- Sen. Specter saying “we have to make judgments very fast” is awesome. Booing him for saying so is shutting off debate.
- Healthcare protesters are thugs shutting off debate; antiwar protesters are “rowdy.”
- Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.
As it turns out, there are Democratic Congressmen like the ill-named Adam Smith and John Adler who seem uneasy, but ultimately capable of conducting town halls where they actually engage with those who may disagree with them. It’s democracy; their colleagues might try it sometime.