That’s What the Police Union Gets for Endorsing McCain
posted at 2:55 pm on July 23, 2009 by dougpowers
Concerning the arrest of Obama’s friend, Harvard Professor Henry “I’ll meet your mama outside” Gates, the Fraternal Order of Police issued a statement condemning Obama’s “stupidly” comment, as well as Obama’s instinctive assumption that the arrest was racially motivated.
Why did Obama shoot from the hip with that comment about the police officer without doing his trademark pause filled with “ums” and “uhs” to try to process the implications of what he was about to say? It might have something to do with the fact that the Fraternal Order of Police endorsed McCain for president.
If the FOP had endorsed Obama and were already in his pocket, do you think the politician seeking re-election in Obama would have caught himself before he said what the community organizer seeking retribution in Obama wanted to say?
Heck, in some areas, the Fraternal Order of Police fits Homeland Security’s definition of “right wing extremist” groups, so Obama’s lack of appreciation for what these cops do and how they do it, along with his baseless accusations of racism, is hardly surprising.
Let’s just put it this way: When you have a vested interest in seeing groups like ACORN metastasize, law enforcement officials doing their jobs by the book aren’t exactly welcome additions to the family of Hope and Change — and sometimes it shows.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation