Video: Glenn Beck “loses it”… in 2003.
posted at 5:28 pm on July 17, 2009 by Patrick Ishmael
A companion piece to Madison Conservative’s well-reasoned blog post. In case anyone thinks Beck’s completely off his rocker, I’d recommend you check out this video.
But I remembered this first incident because before Glenn Beck had been syndicated in St. Louis, a friend of mine from Memphis had already become a big fan of his. Never had heard the program, but the video — originally hosted on his website and pre-YouTube — was just so outrageous and entertaining that when the program did make it to the Lou, I felt like I was (if ever so slightly) ahead of the talk radio curve. So entertaining, in fact, that I still remember where I was when my friend showed the video to me.
Note also Beck’s explanation at the end: “Now that, sir, is what I would call comedy.” So would I.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation