Green Room

Video: Glenn Beck “loses it”… in 2003.

posted at 5:28 pm on July 17, 2009 by

A companion piece to Madison Conservative’s well-reasoned blog post. In case anyone thinks Beck’s completely off his rocker, I’d recommend you check out this video.

In fact, he’s GOMP’d (“get off my phone”) someone since then.

But I remembered this first incident because before Glenn Beck had been syndicated in St. Louis, a friend of mine from Memphis had already become a big fan of his. Never had heard the program, but the video — originally hosted on his website and pre-YouTube — was just so outrageous and entertaining that when the program did make it to the Lou, I felt like I was (if ever so slightly) ahead of the talk radio curve. So entertaining, in fact, that I still remember where I was when my friend showed the video to me.

Note also Beck’s explanation at the end: “Now that, sir, is what I would call comedy.” So would I.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“Do I really want to vaporize you? YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Lol

sammypants on July 17, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I like the sound of that. GOMP. Should be lingo in talk radio.

MadisonConservative on July 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Absolutely hilarious. hahaha Great find. I haven’t paid much attention to Beck, honestly, but I think I might start checking him out more, because that is what I call comedy too. lol

illustro on July 18, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Was that a beer he was drinking at the end? Not a good idea on the job.

jgapinoy on July 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM

No beer, he’s a teetotaler.

I discovered him around the same time, just before the Iraq war started. Good stuff.

thebrokenrattle on July 18, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I like the sound of that. GOMP. Should be lingo in talk radio.

MadisonConservative

Mark Levin’s been doing that for years with his “Get off the phone ya big dope!” which I think is funnier.

GOMP is also a part of some local hosts here in San Diego (Rick Roberts).

So its often there and its a fun little addition

Defector01 on July 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM