Green Room

‘Is There Anything More Pathetic Than An Aging Hipster?’ — Jane Fonda Edition

posted at 1:14 pm on July 14, 2009 by

In Hollywood recently, 71-year-old Jane Fonda was seen wearing a style known as “Pitiful old hippie chic” — in this case, a t-shirt with a picture of her mug shot from 1970 on the front:

null

Why is she wearing this shirt? For starters, the shirt with a picture of her posing on an NVA anti-aircraft gun was at the cleaners. Secondly, for marketing purposes — to pitch a line of “Jane Fonda mug shot” merchandise to benefit the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention. That should do the trick. I know when I was younger I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere near a woman wearing clothing with Jane Fonda’s picture on it.

The mugshot was taken after Fonda was arrested in an airport on drug charges. The drugs apparently turned out to be vitamins, but what I found interesting is that the motivational speaker for the NVA, self-confessed communist, socialist and… you name it… is actually a fiscal conservative when it comes to taxpayer money:

Writing about her false arrest on her blog earlier this year, she said: ‘They confiscated (my vitamins) as well as my address book (which was photocopied) and arrested me for drug smuggling. ‘I told them what they were but they said they were getting orders from the White House – that would be the Nixon White House.

‘I think they hoped this “scandal” would cause the college speeches to be cancelled and ruin my respectability. I was handcuffed and put in the Cleveland Jail, which is when the mugshot was taken.

‘I was released on bond and months later, after every pill had been tested in a lab (with taxpayers money!) the charges were dismissed and there were a few paragraphs hidden in the back of papers that they were vitamins, not drugs.’

If all it takes to get liberals to suddenly care about wasting taxpayer money is to say their vitamins are drugs and send them off for testing, let’s stake some agents outside the Berkeley GNC store and let the arrests begin!

Twitter @ThePowersThatBe

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

She looks like The Crypt Keeper.

“Until the next time boils and ghouls, pleasant screams!”

Terry_Dyne on July 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Well what’s wrong with changing one’s opinion after all these years? She’s a born-again Christian now, so her views went very much to the right on several issues…

ChristianRock on July 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

How pitiful…Maybe Hanoi Jane would like to head over to Pakistan and sit on Bin Laden’s missile and threaten the US. She should be hanged.

Laura in Maryland on July 14, 2009 at 3:17 PM

That doesn’t even make sense, Jane. The colleges of the 1970′s that wanted to hear your speeches weren’t interested in “respectability” — far from it. They wanted to give a platform to radical, anti-establishment types. Getting arrested on drug charges would have only enhanced your reputation on college campuses back then.

AZCoyote on July 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Traitorous narcissist.

TheUnrepentantGeek on July 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I gonna speculate that the depends/jeans thing isn’t going to catch on. Don’t sneeze, Jane.

ericdijon on July 14, 2009 at 7:13 PM

WHEN DOES A TRAITOR GET ANY RESPECTABILITY TO LOSE?

Jeff from WI on July 15, 2009 at 3:18 AM

I’m extremely angry that any thread, except one noting her, I hope, agonizing death, would even be allowed in here.
This traitor not only posed for Commie holy pictures, but was DIRECTLY responsible for the killing of 3 POWs and the near death of another.
May God throw her in the worst part of hell.

Jeff from WI on July 15, 2009 at 3:50 AM

I can’t see her without remembering the day my young son came out of the American Legion men’s room and asked, “Who is that woman and why does the American Legion hate her so much?”

She better watch out or old vets are going to start peeing on her T-shirt.

mrsbash on July 15, 2009 at 6:07 AM

May God throw her in the worst part of hell.

Her actions also bolstered the morale of the enemy and demoralized our troops. How many American lives that cost is anyone’s guess.

RadClown on July 16, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I would have bought of a t-shirt with a picture of that traitor hanger from the gallows

Caper29 on July 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM