Kim Chong is Ill…
posted at 11:03 am on July 8, 2009 by coldwarrior
Kim Chong-il, now 67-ish, is not in good health.
This despite having access to the best medical care he can afford.
All the living high on the hog while the rest of the country developed new recipes for grass and tree bark certainly hasn’t done him a whole lot of good. His parties at the Magnolia Pavilion inside the Korean Workers Party compound in P’yongyang are the stuff of legend…and all of it true, nonetheless. His having North Korean diplomatic missions abroad providing massive volumes of Courvoisier and other expensive treats to satisfy his high-end tastes in food and drink consumed massive amounts from the foreign affairs treasury as well as the overall national treasury.
Officially, the Korean Workers Party is still making sure every office, factory, and home has one of the official portraits of the Dear Leader in the most prominent place. Usually at least a foot higher than any other object on any given wall or room.
And then there is this most recent video capture…
and this one from a few months ago…
And, there is this one…first time available on the internet…from my private collection…the Dear Leader in 1992, on his 50th Birthday…
Yep…he has aged poorly in the past decade or so.
A dying tiger can be a most dangerous animal.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained