Do Women See Mark Sanford’s Mistress in the Mirror?
posted at 1:24 pm on July 2, 2009 by dougpowers
Meghan Daum has an opinion column in the Los Angeles Times today under the following title: Do men see Mark Sanford in the mirror?
Here’s the closer:
No one’s excusing Sanford’s behavior. But as we slog through another week of the Jackson postmortem-paloooza and wonder at the fact that we’re also still hearing about the South Carolina governor’s love for certain tan lines, maybe it’s worth asking ourselves why. Is it because we’re uncategorically appalled? Or is it because maybe, just maybe, there’s a tiny bit of Mark Sanford in, if not all men, quite a few of them? And that’s more than you can say of Michael Jackson.
Are all men, at the core, Mark Sanford?
That’s a fair enough question as long as it’s followed up. Since Ms. Daum is one of those who’s also guilty of keeping the Sanford story alive, we can’t answer her question without simultaneously answering this one: Is there a tiny bit of María Belén Chapur in, if not all women, quite a few of them?
In other words, Meghan, “it takes two to bango.”
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation