Green Room

Wonkette Goes After Trig Palin Again

posted at 8:37 am on June 29, 2009 by

It really is hard to understand why some adults feel the need to make fun of Trig Palin, a one-year old who has Down Syndrome. Politics alone cannot explain it. If you don’t like Sarah Palin, fine, but why go after Trig? The controversy regarding the Photoshop of Trig by Alaskan blogger Linda Biegel is only the tip of the iceberg. Ever since Sarah’s nomination, Trig has been a target. Last fall, the popular DC-based “gossip” website Wonkette joked how Trig must have wished he’d been aborted. Now Wonkette has taken Biegel’s Photoshop antics as an excuse to go after Trig anew.

In a recent post, Wonkette promoted and joked about even cruder Photoshops of Trig at the Something Awful web forum, where people can post anonymously (examples below). Wonkette even included one of these photoshops in its post (above right) while mocking Trig as the “New Jesus,” “Holy Infant” and “Sacred One.”

All the attacks on Trig are Sarah’s fault, according to the Wonkette post, since Sarah had the audacity to bring Trig on stage at the Republican National Convention (where the original photo in question was taken), which Wonkette calls using Trig as a “cheap political prop.” I guess that makes the Obama kids fair game according to Wonkette since they were brought on stage at the Democratic National Convention.

Sarah is to blame for all the new Photoshops of Trig, according to the Wonkette post, because Sarah complained about Biegel:

The Virgin Palin, Our Lady of Eternal Anger, gave birth to the New Jesus at some point last year — or not, who knows, and now Andrew Sullivan just cares about Iran (which is a good thing!) so we’ll never find out the truth — and ever since it has been both a Cardinal/Venial Sin and Sharia Law that no mortal shall “desecrate” an image of the Sacred One … no one but Sarah Palin herself, because Allah both allows and encourages the use of the Holy Infant as a cheap political prop as long as such cruel hackery is performed by the Virgin Palin herself.

Palin’s fury was such, when she found out some blog “on the Internet” had combined a picture of her cradling one of her Magic Babies together with a picture of her Jedi Master, some dingbat old radio talk-show clown in Alaska, that she did verily send her dumbest disciple, “Brother Meg,” to start a Jihad against the Entire Internet.

But we know what happens when a fear-and-anger crazed Snow Witch starts a vain war she can never hope to win: The Internet Strikes Back.

Which is to say, Palin basically poked a stick in the world’s largest beehive filled with cheap & tireless insanity, and the SomethingAwful.com goons have unleashed a pack of Photoshop Dogs From Hell to make the most incredible collection of Sarah Palin Desecration Images in the History of Time, the end.

General Bullshit > Sarah Palin thinks photoshopping special needs babies is appalling [Something Awful]

Here are two of the milder Photoshops in the Something Awful forum which are Sarah’s fault according to Wonkette:

What a riot. It takes small people to stoop this low.

[Note:  A commenter at Legal Insurrection Blog believes the face superimposed on the photo immediately above is that of a convicted child molester, making that Photoshop even sicker.]

Cross-posted with updates at Legal Insurrection Blog

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

What’s up?
Jim Treacher on June 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM

It is simple.
First: I found the chink in your armor.
Second: the reliable indicator for winning the argument is when your opponent calls you an unusual name.
Third: recognizing the fig leaf presented in one hand which is followed by an arrow being drawn back in its bow in the other.
I am not an eccentric Jim, analytical is more accurate.
In the future save your unpleasant verbal volleys for your enemies. I am a good guy really but will turn on you in a New York minute when I ask you a simple question & you give me a rude answer. Keep it in layman’s terms & we’ll get along just fine.

Americannodash on June 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Knowing the Palin family, Trig will be just fine.Obamas daughters on the other hand, will spend their adult lives as crack whores.

See works both ways. And don’t bother with the “we shouldn’t attack the kids bit”, with Letterman the gloves came off

Jeff from WI on July 1, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Americannodash on June 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I was pointing out that Wonkette isn’t necessarily a “she.” I’m pretty sure most of the bloggers there these days are male. And I was not directing it at you. But congratulations on your stunning victory, whatever that might be.

Jim Treacher on July 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM

For Pete’s sake: The Wonkette post in question was written by Ken Layne. That’s all I was saying. Whatever insult you choose to derive from that, I have no control over. Good day.

Jim Treacher on July 1, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Jim Treacher on July 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Jim Treacher on July 1, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I had an initial response in mind to your latest comments but I paused, reflected and had a change of heart. I will concede that I made a few errors in some of my early comments. That said, it was my response on June 30, 2009 at 5:31 AM to your comment saying “How tough is it to go to the Wonkette link and look at the byline?” “Am I being obtuse?” by Jim Treacher on June 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM
that gave me quite a bit of insight about Jim Treacher. Anyone viewing your twitter “JTlol” account can either affirm or deny the exposé presented by David Young. The question now is are you a narcissist when it comes to your bylines? Do you have the ability to distinguish on whether or not you have any humility of your work? I took an observation that was made by David Young’s hypothesis and applied it to you. It was a bull’s eye to you personally and you took offence to it. Recognizing what bylines mean to you and acknowledging that fact of it is not the first step to mending. Denial, defiance and rationalizing are steps 1, 2 & 3 of which is in evidence thus far regarding to how you have plainly retorted. I am refering to your most recent comments.
I propose a poll be taken on the Hot Air site. Let’s have all the HA commenters weigh in on David Young’s hypothesis. Whether they agree with me or not that David Young’s hypothesis applies to you as well can also be added to the poll and be addressed. If Allahpundit, Ed or the Boss wants to have a post like this, it is up to them. It is after all their turf. I can see a lot of traffic hits on this site when and if that occurs. I am willing to let the masses decide. Are you? Personally I have observed that Allahpundit, Ed or the Boss show their humility time and again. This poll IMO would not apply to them.

Americannodash on July 2, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Well, that’s another way of looking at it…

Jim Treacher on July 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM