China’s Infrastructure That Obama Wants U.S. to Emulate is Collapsing
posted at 11:16 am on June 28, 2009 by dougpowers
Just the latest fatal example of shoddy infrastructure in China is this: a new 13-story building in Shanghai collapsed. The Daily Mail has pictures here. Wow.
Oddly enough, here’s Barack Obama last August praising China’s infrastructure and speaking about how America needs to emulate that country’s “vastly superior” way of building things, which means that if you’re in the U.S., put on your hard hat and watch for falling “progress”:
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation