China’s Infrastructure That Obama Wants U.S. to Emulate is Collapsing
posted at 11:16 am on June 28, 2009 by dougpowers
Just the latest fatal example of shoddy infrastructure in China is this: a new 13-story building in Shanghai collapsed. The Daily Mail has pictures here. Wow.
Oddly enough, here’s Barack Obama last August praising China’s infrastructure and speaking about how America needs to emulate that country’s “vastly superior” way of building things, which means that if you’re in the U.S., put on your hard hat and watch for falling “progress”:
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?