Marlboro Honors Obama: New School to Get Smokin’ Name
posted at 9:18 am on June 25, 2009 by dougpowers
Normally I’m not big on naming schools after somebody who may end up as the most expensive failure and affront to the constitution in national political history, but this match is simply perfect:
President Obama’s name would grace a new Prince George’s County elementary school a few miles from the White House under a proposal scheduled for a vote tonight, barely five months after he took office.
If the Prince George’s Board of Education approves the plan, Barack Obama Elementary School would be the first in the Washington region named after the president. The school is under construction outside the Capital Beltway in Upper Marlboro and is slated for completion by year’s end.
Putting an Obama school in a place called “Marlboro” is a little like building Bill Clinton High in Big Bone Lick.
The new Obama school is really going all out with their sign, too:
Note: You can now follow my ramblings on Twitter @ThePowersThatBe
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style