Create-or-save — Anyone can play
posted at 7:58 am on June 10, 2009 by Pundette
Ayman Zawahiri announced today that, under the Recruitment Stimulus Initiative Insha Allah (RSIIA), the terror network has created or saved 10,000 jihadist jobs (resulting in a concurrent creation or saving of 720,000 virgins!).*
That piece of cheesecake I didn’t eat every day last week? You got it — I created-or-saved at least two pounds of weight loss. And I freed up space for more ice cream. It’s a win-win.
Create-or-save is a great way to finance that special vacation or home addition. Just add up what you haven’t spent on something. (The more expensive the project is you’re trying to finance, the more creative you’ll have to be about what you haven’t indulged in. But the sky’s the limit.) Then apply those savings to something else you’d like to indulge in. Resisted those designer sneakers three times? Decided against hiring the personal chef? Had second thoughts about that weekend getaway? Didn’t go to Hawaii or Paris last year? (Don’t forget to include what you would have spent on a Parisian shopping spree — it really adds up fast.) You’ve freed up lots of hypothetical cash. And you can lose the guilt. You’re not being irresponsible; you’re just stimulating the economy. Create-or-save is not just fun — it’s patriotic!
*McCarthy refers to Steve Schippert, who blogs here, but I haven’t found been able to find a more specific source.
Related post here.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation