Green Room

Defined By The Intolerant Left

posted at 4:46 pm on May 27, 2009 by

Supreme Court wannabe Sonia Sotomayor once implied in a speech that she is better qualified to be a justice than any white male because of “the richness of her experiences” as a Latina woman.

That got me to thinking about how the left, as inspired by the likes of President Obama and Judge Sotomayor, defines guys (and gals) like me. Here’s a recap from quotes in the news over the past year or so:

• I’m a “typical white person.”
  • I cling to religion, guns and so much more because I am “bitter.”
  • I’m a right-wing extremist because I don’t like a busybody government, want to protect innocent lives and oppose illegal immigration.
  • I’m a “tea-bagging redneck” because I rallied against out-of-control government spending and the inevitable higher taxes to come.
  • And I’m a narrow-minded, white male who lacks a “richness” of experience.

No doubt there are other rhetorical examples I’ve forgotten (remind me in the comments), but the point is that while liberals preach the doctrine of tolerance, they definitely do not practice it in word or in deed. They hold a huge swath of the American populace in utter contempt.

There’s no “hope” for enlightened rednecks in the age of Obama, where “identity politics” is as strong as ever.

[Cross-posted at The Enlightened Redneck]

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

And some how I still manage to like myself. Unlike those who are oh so more tolerant.

KelliD on May 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

You forgot “homophobic.”

March Hare on May 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…