Defined By The Intolerant Left
posted at 4:46 pm on May 27, 2009 by Danny Glover
Supreme Court wannabe Sonia Sotomayor once implied in a speech that she is better qualified to be a justice than any white male because of “the richness of her experiences” as a Latina woman.
That got me to thinking about how the left, as inspired by the likes of President Obama and Judge Sotomayor, defines guys (and gals) like me. Here’s a recap from quotes in the news over the past year or so:
- I’m a “typical white person.”
- I cling to religion, guns and so much more because I am “bitter.”
- I’m a right-wing extremist because I don’t like a busybody government, want to protect innocent lives and oppose illegal immigration.
- I’m a “tea-bagging redneck” because I rallied against out-of-control government spending and the inevitable higher taxes to come.
- And I’m a narrow-minded, white male who lacks a “richness” of experience.
No doubt there are other rhetorical examples I’ve forgotten (remind me in the comments), but the point is that while liberals preach the doctrine of tolerance, they definitely do not practice it in word or in deed. They hold a huge swath of the American populace in utter contempt.
There’s no “hope” for enlightened rednecks in the age of Obama, where “identity politics” is as strong as ever.
[Cross-posted at The Enlightened Redneck]