Dem Congressman Admits: “Cap & Trade Is a Great Big Tax” (Video)
posted at 7:03 am on April 25, 2009 by gatewaypundit
Uh-Oh… Democratic Congressman John Dingell admitted today at a Congressional hearing on global warming that cap and trade is a tax– a Great Big tax!
Al Gore is a partner with a firm that will make millions from cap and trade legislation.
Despite the crumbling case for global warming the Obama Administration plans on moving ahead with expensive cap and trade legislation that Obama admits will cause energy costs to skyrocket. The initiative will cost American families $700 to $1,400 dollars each year.
…Just the thing America needs during recession.
Oh, and cap and trade has failed in Europe.
More… Newt Gingrich added today that the democratic climate bill will punish Americans.
Newt’s speech to Congress today is posted at Liveleak here.
Cross-posted at Gateway Pundit.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation