Green Room

The Green Room; explained in layman’s terms

posted at 10:10 am on April 23, 2009 by

I have been receiving loads of emails from family & friends, most of which were directed to HotAir by myself over the past few years, asking me about the Green Room and it’s purpose. I have also sensed similar feelings expressed in the comments section, some of which trend towards animosity or resentment for those who are currently participating with this project. For these reasons, I will attempt to give you my perspective while reminding you that I only speak for myself.

AllahPundit and Ed Morrsisey cover the current news cycle everyday, and do a great job. The Green Room gives HorAir readers additional reading material created by several different minds, personalities, and backgrounds. Folks can read different posts that interest them, choose to engage in the comment section with the blogger, or engage in debate with others. As is the case with life itself, each of us have different interests and different takes on any given subject. We all come from different walks of life, most of us have a career in something other than blogging. I will be posting on topics and issues that interest me the most. I’m a guest here along with the rest of the HotAir community. I hope to create posts that will be as interesting to you and they are to me. This is a place we can come for some good reading, and an opportunity to engage with others while venting some hot air.

My career of 37 years is in the construction industry. I have been a small business owner for 27 years. I have been very active within my community most of my adult life, and have engaged in political grassroots efforts for the past 25 years. I’m a little rough around the edges, being a construction guy. I like to roll in the dirt a bit, so to speak…

Enjoy the Green Room folks… That’s the bottom line.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

What is this post doing for Michelle Obama’s children?

MadisonConservative on April 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I like the diversity of opinion in the Green Room, and have a suggestion: Separate registration, so that folks who have not been lucky enough to participate in the main blog can comment here.

RushBaby on April 23, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I like the thought of getting some more local stories that go unheard of in the 24 hour national news cycle.

BadgerHawk on April 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I’m a big fan of the Green Room. The posting on the main site has been very media related (yes, i am referring to Allah – another post on Ms. McCain and I’ll swear Allah off for good – promise) and I have enjoyed the more issue related Green Room. In fact, I have really been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the posts and diversity of opinion.

Angry Dumbo on April 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Exactly, what does this do for the children? Isn’t this a distraction?

Welcome aboard. Refrain from posting on Meaghan McCain & Kathleen Parker and we’ll get along fine.

thegreatbeast on April 23, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Keemo is one of the oldsters, going back to Captains Quarters days…and he has some points of view that parrot my own. Pragmatic, common sense, very much a family oriented sort of guy, and a good guy to cover your six when things get rough.

And, if I offend, Keemo, I apologize right up front, but I have this image of you as HotAir’s very own Wilford Brimley…in his younger days, of course. Not one of your “all hat no cowboy” types…not one bit.

coldwarrior on April 23, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Seriously?

That’s crazy.

Spirit of 1776 on April 24, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Spirit of 1776 on April 24, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Crazy? I don’t know, to be expected I would think. Every time I make changes with the operations of my business, the same emotions come out amongst the community involved. HotAir has introduced a change of sorts, a new project that will develop over time. With change comes a wide variety of emotions, questions, and concerns. Who, how, why, when…..

By the way Spirit, I really enjoy your site as well. I toured around earlier this morning, and will do so again.

Keemo on April 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM

coldwarrior on April 23, 2009 at 7:45 PM

You know me well my friend…

Keemo on April 24, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Keemo on April 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Your point about change is noted, but usually that’s a give and take. It’s true that HA had some pushback on change when the vent went away, but some of that falls on the heads of the hosts – they asked for feedback, and then took the feedback as resistence. They could have circumvented all the angst by just saying ‘we are making changes we think will improve the site’ instead of asking for feedback when the changes were already decided.

Which makes this confusing to me. I mean, I do understand your meaning, but the green room takes nothing away from anyone! It’s an addition. So it’s hard to rationalize resistance to it. It boggles my mind that’s all.

Thanks, but that’s not my blog. I just link to it b/c I find it informative re: scotus.

Spirit of 1776 on April 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Spirit of 1776 on April 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Thanks for your input Spirit.. I find your comments enlightening and thought provoking… Keep it up!

Keemo on April 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM

RushBaby on April 23, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Excellent suggestion! Right now “The Green Room” is like a poor relation who got a very late start, so give it a boost by opening the next registration to it alone, and soon. Also give it a little more prominence on the main screen. It’s almost like it is hidden now.

Joe Bloggs on April 25, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I’m still lookin in the mail for my plane ticket to a Montana spring hunt………

Rovin on April 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Rovin on April 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I left you a message at your site… Did you get it?

Keemo on April 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM